Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search this and came up short so sorry if these are repeat questions.....

I am wiring my gps and heated shield up and have a some questions.

1.) Will the ase connector in the lower right foot well run both the heated shield and the gps?

2.) Is the ase connector fused and if so where is it located?

3.) Is the cigarette/accessory plug fused and if so where is the fuse located?

4.) Are both the ase and the accessory plugs 12v dc? Other threads have me questioning it and i dont have a volt meter here to check.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK since this seems like an untouched topic I grabbed my multi-meter from work and started checking...

1.) Will the ase connector in the lower right foot well run both the heated shield and the gps?

ANSWER: The ASE connector in the lower right foot well is an *** AC *** power source. If the gps is attached it will let the magic smoke out.

2.) Is the ase connector fused and if so where is it located?

Answer: In the manual on page 41 it shows a picture of the fuse block and states that "FUSE FUNCTION DESCRIPTIONS ARE NEXT TO THE FUSE CONTACTS IN THE FUSE BLOCK"

After locating the fuse block: Right side front nose cone and investigating the fuses ARE NOT MARKED in any way. There are 3 fuses. From left to right 15A(blue) 7.5A(red) 15A(blue). I removed these sequentially while checking the voltage on the ASE connector to see which of them is the ASE connector.....

It appears the connector in the lower right foot well is not fused.

3.) Is the cigarette/accessory plug fused and if so where is the fuse located?

ANSWER: Yes it is fused. The middle 7.5A(red) fuse controls the digital gages as well as the accessory port.

4.) Are both the ase and the accessory plugs 12v dc? Other threads have me questioning it and i dont have a volt meter here to check.

ANSWER: NO!!!

Lower right ASE connector is an AC power source putting out 14V

The ACCESSORY outlet is a DC power source putting out 14.4V
To summarize:
Accessory port 14.4v DC fused at 7.5A. Your devices need to pull less than this since it is also tied to the gage package.

Lower right ASE foot well connector is 14v AC and is NOT fused. This connector is NOT suitable for GPS, Cell phone chargers or any other device that you would typically plug into your car cigarette lighter.

Hope this info helps someone else out there.

·
Super Moderator
9,099 Posts
Good info to know. I didn't realize that the footwell plug was not fuzed. I used that for a visor cord. GPS is running off dash plug.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the foot well plug not being fused surprised me as well. I looked for another fuse block but couldnt find one.

Interesting side note...I could not determine what the 2 blue fuses did. At one point I pulled all the fuses and the sled still purred along like nothing ever happened.

I did not think to look at the head lights, one might be for them and possibly the reverse solenoid...dunno. Maybe next weekend I will do some more investigating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure about previous post by Ratking

On my 1100 power is supplied to the acc. plug in the footwell through the ignition switch, so are you saying that is not fused?

Also sled does not need to be running , so where are you getting the ac power from ? :Bangin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about previous post by Ratking

On my 1100 power is supplied to the acc. plug in the footwell through the ignition switch, so are you saying that is not fused?

Also sled does not need to be running , so where are you getting the ac power from ? :Bangin:
Sorry it took so long to get back on this.... I was in Michigan riding! Rockerdude

I did all my testing on a 2012 F-800 LXR. The manual is the same but the picture in the manual shows a different fuse block and location for your sled vs mine so I cant say what you are getting.

I can tell you that with all the fuses removed from my fuse block I am still getting power to the Foot well plug hence my deducing that it is un-fused.

My sled does not have a battery and all the testing that I did was done while the sled was idling.

Hope this clears things up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts