Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought this bike and it ran when i got it but it was very bad. they told me I would need to remove and clean the injector, but i took the boot off and cycled the key and the fuel pump built pressure but the injector wouldn't spray. i hook some jumper wires to the injector from the battery and it would spry fine just not when it was plugged into the harness. i checked the codes and its showing ac32 and ac99. according to my service manual these mean a bad injector and start not possible. i assume i need to change the injector obviously but what other issues could cause this? why would the injector spray with 12 volts but not on the harness. also i did check that there is voltage going to the injector itself but didn't take the time to see the exact voltage. im new to these newer bikes and efi is not my strong suit. any info would be much appreciated. can upload pics if needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A bit of an extra question. I’m trying to test my sensors and ecu with a multi meter can anyone point to some spec ranges for the efi sensors on my bike and from the ecu

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
Download a free service manual at countrycat.com all the specs are in there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so iv done my best to ohm everything out at test the voltages,(i could have done this wrong). im not real good at using a multimeter but from what i can tell everything is checking out fine, i know the inject will fire and it seems to ohm out correctly as well as my tps which i went ahead and adjusted today and did the whole calibration thing. at this point im just stumped. honestly considering replacing all the sensors at once, im not sure what else to do,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get your battery load tested. Also Could possibly be a bad fuel pump. Any bare or worn wires?
yeah iv read that the fuel pressure not being correct could cause it so im working on getting it tested and the battery should be fine its brand new, and the problem just started out of nowhere, from what i can see everything is in remarkable good shape compared to others iv seen, no splices or anything all the wires seem fine. i'm going to recheck all the sensors later today because apparently i had my meter lead on wrong, like i said im not handy with a meter lol.but now that its hooked up right and i have the service manual i should be in good enough shape to get better results. i went ahead and bought a new injector even tho i dont believe its the problem. im leaning towards the map sensor or tps. anything else anyone would recommend i check with the meter while i'm at it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I called arctic cat today and they think my stator may not be sending signal to the ecu so I am going to check that this afternoon. Also I got to reading only about efi systems after that call and also read that a bad or failing crankshaft position sensor can also cause these issues so I now have 2 more thing to check. And I did go back and check everything on the throttle body wire for wire and everything looks good there so I’m almost certain it’s nothing one there. So after the next 2 thing I guess I’ll have to break down and buy a fuel pressure gauge.

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
Did you get your battery load tested?

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
Could be, but until you can rule out the battery everything else is a waste of time. Rule out the simple stuff then look for more difficult issues. Process of elimination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts