Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what to expect for fuel mileage on a 2012 TRV 700 ? I mean I knew from the getgo that it wasn't going to be as good as my 2009 TRV 550. Looking like the 700 is getting 15mpg at best while the 550 got 27/30. Not complaining about about the extra power of the 700 or the fuel mileage for that matter either but just asking. It might improve some when it breaks in better as it only has 40 miles on it now.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Damn you were getting 27-30 mpgs with a 550? I own a 02 500 that I rebuilt and when I figured it out last season I only get around 20 mpg. I'm sure I would get more if I eased off the throttle more but probably not much. Since you atv is efi I would think you should get around 20mpg.
I'd bet if one were to remove the engine braking the mpg would increase because the atv would coast further an you wouldn't have to be on the throttle as much.

Reactions: team sidewinder

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn you were getting 27-30 mpgs with a 550? I own a 02 500 that I rebuilt and when I figured it out last season I only get around 20 mpg. I'm sure I would get more if I eased off the throttle more but probably not much. Since you atv is efi I would think you should get around 20mpg.
I'd bet if one were to remove the engine braking the mpg would increase because the atv would coast further an you wouldn't have to be on the throttle as much.
Well the 27-30 on the EFI 550 was cruising down the dirt hard pack at no more than 35/40mph but it wasn't all that bad in 4WD Low rockcrawling either. Had a carbed AC 400 one-up atv that only got 10-12mpg at best and only a little over 4gal tank so at 50 miles I was looking for fuel. The 700 isn't that bad and 20mpg I could live with but who am I kidding I will live with whatever I get with the 700 as the extra power for a TRV with two on works better for us. Will have to start carring extra fuel for the long hauls because when the 550 was close to out of gas at 90+miles so was I.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.