Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 arctic cat 600 snopro snocross edition. I recently just had the shock rebuilt and the shocks are in good working order but the rear suspension still seems "springy". When pushing down it seems i can push it down fairly easy and then it will rebound to a certain point and I have to pull it up the rest of the way. My thoughts being that they are original is the springs are bad and need to be replaced? What are your guys thoughts? If the springs do need to be replaced out do I get these darn wheels off as they seem to be locked onto the shaft tight

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think this is fairly common with the Sno Pro chassis; partly because the front shocks are so long it tends to push the back down. I have a 2012 SP 500 and have found that pulling the rear skid mount location to the higher one in the tunnel (to flatten the skid), increase torsion preload and decrease ski spring preload gets it as good as it can be. I've read that some people recommend putting 1" spacers in the front ski shocks to drop the front and allow the rear to return to it's full height. I defiantly found that running a soft rear torsion spring and some preload on the ski's causes the rear to go completely out of it's weight transfer range due to how far the rear compresses with my weight on the sled. New springs won't change this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts