Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my MudPro to the dealership as 4x4 wouldn't engage. Checked in today and it looks like $2,000 worth of repairs. ATV only has 40 hours and 600kms.

Looks like the bike needs a new Actuator, Gaskets for the CVT Cover, Clutch Cover, Magneto Cover, Base and Cylinder Head. Also needs Seals on the Sub Gear Shift and Oil Driven Shaft along with a couple of O-Rings and Oil Seal Retainer.

Has anyone experienced these types of problems and what may have caused it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did this fall out of your truck on the highway? I have the same bike and have had to do the actuator. Have no idea what would cause the rest. The actuators are crap! Dealer told me they have done close to 40 last year. New updated one is better!

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Were any upgrades done (clutch work, etc) prior to the actuator going out?
what would clutch work have anything to do with the actuator

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Took my MudPro to the dealership as 4x4 wouldn't engage. Checked in today and it looks like $2,000 worth of repairs. ATV only has 40 hours and 600kms.

Looks like the bike needs a new Actuator, Gaskets for the CVT Cover, Clutch Cover, Magneto Cover, Base and Cylinder Head. Also needs Seals on the Sub Gear Shift and Oil Driven Shaft along with a couple of O-Rings and Oil Seal Retainer.

Has anyone experienced these types of problems and what may have caused it?
Im sorry but this seems nearly impossible unless in those 600kms it was sunk in 15ft of water and dragged home upside down behind a truck

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Im sorry but this seems nearly impossible unless in those 600kms it was sunk in 15ft of water and dragged home upside down behind a truck
I have to agree. Unless you didn't mention other problems, I would say your getting gouged.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Get your atv out of the dealership right away. They are trying to pull one over on you. There is no way all of the gaskets are leaking at the same time, especially with those low of miles.
Fixing the actuator is really and you could do that repair yourself. Yes it's what engages the front diff into 4wd.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No work has been done to the clutch. The bike is used mainly during hunting season and has never been in water deaper than the foot boards. The mechanic showed me the gaskets leaking and even if they are trying to gouge me, Arctic Cat is paying as there is 2 months warranty left. Anyone want to buy a bike, lol.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Well, I'm glad it's covered, and with what you've described, sounds like you had some internal seals leak- maybe defective from the supplier, or they were installed improperly when the bike was originally built. The cvt cover gasket is installed to keep stuff out, not in, so oil leaks past it pretty easily when it sits stagnant. Sorry for your not good luck- but at least it's covered!! Hopefully when you get it back, it'll be trouble free.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Get your atv out of the dealership right away. They are trying to pull one over on you. There is no way all of the gaskets are leaking at the same time, especially with those low of miles.
Fixing the actuator is really and you could do that repair yourself. Yes it's what engages the front diff into 4wd.

So how would you go about fixing the actuator? I can't even open it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ya just noticed mine td has a leak from valve cover above exhaust n mine has 700 kms,my actuator has been acting.up too,like it sticks,I have to switch it few times before it engages, is mine going aswell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts