Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
our local dealer confirmed a 600 H.O. in the snopro chasis for next year... i know because my dad was gonna get a 500, and they told him to wait till next year, he asked why,... etc etc etc haha lets just say my dads good a prying

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would really like to get a new sled, but with a new chassis essentially coming out in a year and a half it make it hard to purchase a new one. Maybe I can be patient and wait & see what comes out next year and make my decision then.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would like to see a mountain sled in the new sno pro 500 chasis, but in a 141 and not a 156, it sucks your only mountain option is a 156.

·
Registered
88 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (andromeda673 @ Dec 21 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would like to see a mountain sled in the new sno pro 500 chasis, but in a 141 and not a 156, it sucks your only mountain option is a 156.[/b]
Sign me up for the Sno Pro Chassis with a 141"

It will be interesting to see what they actually come out with in 2 years.

·
Registered
139 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Conner 524 @ Dec 18 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
our local dealer confirmed a 600 H.O. in the snopro chasis for next year... i know because my dad was gonna get a 500, and they told him to wait till next year, he asked why,... etc etc etc haha lets just say my dads good a prying[/b]
No offense, but I dont think your dealer knows exactly what is coming out next year. Also, for a little back up to my statement, go to arcticinsider and read the arcticles about the snopro500. There are 4 or 5 parts to it now. Read from the begining and run through to the latest in that order.

I think that the 600HO might come out in a new chassis, but not this one, and I could be wrong but I agree with the others in saying that won't be until 2012.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i agree with 99snopro. i have read the arcticinsider along with many other articles concerning the 500 sno pro...and in all they make a regular point of saying a 600 or 800 will not be offered in the 500 chassis. there was an article saying that some dealers were able to recieve the 600 race sleds this year for trail conversion to sell at their own price discression...but thats obviously not the same thing. supposedly they are working on a chassis similar to the snopro that may come in a couple years...probably no earlier than 2012. but imo for the price of what they'd prolly want for a 600h.o. or an 800h.o. in a new chassis just for discussions sake, you could buy the 500 and put a d&d or speedwerx kit in and be further ahead. just my opinion though.

Z

·
0 Posts
Stretch the chassis to fit the 600/800 into it. Change the body work so one can actually work on the sled if by chance it pulls a polaris on you (as in do not make it so you have to pull pins and what not to get the dam hood open) and give it a windshield that actually protects you and it will sell like hotcakes!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Losing the topic here, but FYI the hood is not that hard once you do it a few times and get the hang of it... yes it takes 10-20 secs longer to close than a normal hood, but remember this sled was also made geared towards racing and those consumers that can handle a little extra hood clips.

Z

·
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (99SnoPro99 @ Dec 22 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Losing the topic here, but FYI the hood is not that hard once you do it a few times and get the hang of it... yes it takes 10-20 secs longer to close than a normal hood, but remember this sled was also made geared towards racing and those consumers that can handle a little extra hood clips.[/b]
I was trying to say consumer friendly but for the life of me could not think of it. Thanks. All new sleds these days are getting difficult to work on. The one thing that I hate! Love to be able to open the hood and actually see the engine instead of having to take portions of the body off and set that on the trail. Not that I am expecting problems, but even servicing in the garage, scratches will happen when you have to remove them.

·
Registered
911 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zl5600 @ Dec 22 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stretch the chassis to fit the 600/800 into it. Change the body work so one can actually work on the sled if by chance it pulls a polaris on you (as in do not make it so you have to pull pins and what not to get the dam hood open) and give it a windshield that actually protects you and it will sell like hotcakes![/b]
A windshield,WOW what a ground breaking idea,I thought i was the only one that rode in the cold.
In the old days that was one of cats strong areas. Whats with the white on a 2-stroke. What next, a over wieght,over priced sled,without a windshield. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
actually the windshield on the new snowpro blocks the wind rather well with the factory shield. i don't know if its because of the way the sled is designed or just the way your positioned when you sit or what, but the wind just flows over top of you. it's more of a straight up and down windshield. i use a open style helmet with goggles and don't even notice the wind. if cat goes to a chassis similar to the new snopros i think they'll be alot better at blocking the wind than the firecat or f-series. as for white on a 2stroke...personal preferance. i loved it when they had the white powder extremes and i love the white xfires. personally i think they look the best.

·
Registered
239 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (99SnoPro99 @ Dec 21 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Conner 524 @ Dec 18 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
our local dealer confirmed a 600 H.O. in the snopro chasis for next year... i know because my dad was gonna get a 500, and they told him to wait till next year, he asked why,... etc etc etc haha lets just say my dads good a prying[/b]
No offense, but I dont think your dealer knows exactly what is coming out next year. Also, for a little back up to my statement, go to arcticinsider and read the arcticles about the snopro500. There are 4 or 5 parts to it now. Read from the begining and run through to the latest in that order.

I think that the 600HO might come out in a new chassis, but not this one, and I could be wrong but I agree with the others in saying that won't be until 2012.
[/b][/quote]

Yea sorry I misinterpreted what I had heard... my bad :Bangin: I forgot about reading that article; I agree now that it'll probly be in the new chasis, for sure a 600 and maybe the 800? That would be sweet for sure. My best guess is that if anything they'll keep the F chassis for the touring and "slower" riders, and come out with either the exact race chassis or a race-inspired chassis for us ditchbangers :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
To stir the pot...I've read the arcticinsider articles but remember AC has to sell thousands of 2010 sleds and it would be very hard to do that if they told everyone that a 6 and an 8 would be coming in the sno pro chassis next year. Everyone would wait. Good business to convince everyone that it will be at least 2 more years. I for one do not believe for a second that the sno pro chassis cannot be economically massaged to fit other engine packages. There is no way that engineers, PHD's and braniacs with masters degrees sit in a room and design a new sled without talking about and designing it for the masses. They're due (overdue) for a new chassis...they have it...please give it to us!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brsehawk @ Dec 24 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
To stir the pot...I've read the arcticinsider articles but remember AC has to sell thousands of 2010 sleds and it would be very hard to do that if they told everyone that a 6 and an 8 would be coming in the sno pro chassis next year. Everyone would wait. Good business to convince everyone that it will be at least 2 more years. I for one do not believe for a second that the sno pro chassis cannot be economically massaged to fit other engine packages. There is no way that engineers, PHD's and braniacs with masters degrees sit in a room and design a new sled without talking about and designing it for the masses. They're due (overdue) for a new chassis...they have it...please give it to us!![/b]
I agree that they can re-engineer the snow pro for the masses, its the testing and finishing everything that goes along with it that takes time. The is alot of computer engineering involved with making new parts, you need time to make the parts for assembly of a whole new line, then from a financial standpoint you need to get rid of the parts you have on hand for the current models. You know they hear feedback from the consumers on what they want, and its safe to assume they will engineer some sort of consumer sno pro sled whether from scratch or just tweak what they have. Its all about timing and in the past arctic cat has been very good at hiding the future models until they are ready to unveil them so we all will have to wait and see. Enjoy the suspense and save your money until we see whats happening.

·
Registered
245 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRNEWF @ Dec 28 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
they will sell like hotcakes if there is a 130 hp 600 and a 160 hp 800.....[/b]
I haven't been over here in some time. got on an 04 mxzx 800 (junk) now I,m on an 09 yami rtx. A/C finally has my interest back with this sno pro chassis. Needs more motor. 130 would be O/K but I go down to the dealer tomarrow to sign up for an 800.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts