Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I'm having some problems in my 1000 EPS:

- battery is flat, even using home charger;
- due battery flat: i can't start up engine
- code p0635 several times on dash;

I would like to know if someone else has the same problems? if there is any solution?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I have heard that the 2011 and down PS equipped ATV's have an over draw on the electrical system which causes that code. The 2012's do not suffer the same fate and there is supposed to be a fix for the earlier models in the works. I'm not sure if it's a re-flash of the computer or hard parts. Best ask your Dealer about it.

Reactions: CAT_CHASER

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have heard that the 2011 and down PS equipped ATV's have an over draw on the electrical system which causes that code. The 2012's do not suffer the same fate and there is supposed to be a fix for the earlier models in the works. I'm not sure if it's a re-flash of the computer or hard parts. Best ask your Dealer about it.

Thanks Jimmy. I will try it... i just would like to know if there are more people with same problem than me. It would help me argueing with dealer!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also remember seeing from other chatters that you shouldn't move the handles bars at all when starting because that will throw the code also.
Jeff

Jeff, about move handles bars: that's "bla bla bla"...i already read it as well, but the thing is: code may come when: u are starting or while u driving.

I already did it without moving handle bar and wheels straight, but code comes anyway!
Also i'm wondering how can be possible code comes on while you driving, when supposedly battery is getting high power from stator!?
Worst: you switch off engine and then you have no power to get back on your tour. Its frustrating!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Cat_chaser,
I am French and I have a 1000 EPS from June.
I met same issues, solved today...

The original Arctic Cat battery is poor quality.
Ask your dealer to change it for a Yuasa.

The clock of the instrument panel causes a leak of electric power that drain the battery.
Ask your dealder to cut the wire that keeps the memory of the clock.

P0635 is the message for EPS trouble. The most common causes are battery low or a drop in voltage.

With this advice, i hope you will solve this problem.

you can look at this post too :
http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/uti...power-steering-problems-resolved-i-think.html

·
Registered
751 Posts
the 2011 models with power steering had some perameters in the programing for the power steering that where set to close to the normal running conditions.

The voltage drop when starting the bike and a slight movement of the handle bars will throw a low voltage P code for the power steering unit.

Arctic Cat has corrected the problem with new programming for the system. What is required is a call to the dealer and tell them about it. The dealer well contact Arctic Cat to go on the list for the programmer and when one is available it will be sent to the dealer. Once the dealer has the programmer in hand the would contact you to bring the bike in for the reprogramming.

The programming only takes a few min to do and if you have a good dealer they should be able to do it while you wait.

I actually reprogrammed one today and have a customer bringing in one next week.

The EFI code is a seperate issue all togeather and is a warning of low voltage. Either a weak battery or bad connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.