Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, pulled my airbox off last weekend to take out a straw that was dropped in it during spring. After the fact I started it for about 3 minutes to make sure everything was working all fine and dandy. A few days later I noticed oil on the ground and on both sides of belly pan. Near the breaks and near the clutch (complete opposite sides of the sled). I figured it may be oil that was shot into the airbox and leaked out of the intake boots.

many help is much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,180 Posts
It doesn't take much oil to leave a large spot on the floor. One drop is around the size of a quarter (or loonie).
Might be hard to find the drip, but check the airbox. It wouldn't be abnormal to have some oil in the airbox especially with a sled sitting through some temp heat cycles. Verify the airbox is back together tight. It should not be leaking through intake boots. That would be a problem. If you do confirm the boots are leaking it needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I also own a 2011 F8, and I agree with Favoritos that it may not be that unusual. In my case, I had been experiencing hard starts (having to feather throttle while starting) ,some bogging, in conjunction with "excessive" oil in the air box. I ended up finding the reeds were toast. My machine had just over 4,000 miles. If any of this sound familiar, you might need to replace your reeds. I created a detailed post several months ago here titled "Reed replacement F8 LXR 2010-17 Suzuki 800 H.O."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts