Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to four wheeling and obviously new to this forum as well.

I have a 2011 Arctic Cat 450 XC. The other day I was stuck in the mud and going back and forth, trying to get out......when I finally broke free, I smashed into the tree behind me. The rear grab bar got all bent up. I wouldn’t care but it also holds the rear tail light and reverse light. Those are hanging on by 1 screw instead of three. Any idea if they are replaceable with out replacing the whole frame

·
Administrator
37,344 Posts
Do you not have a winch?

·
Administrator
37,344 Posts
Yes you can add a winch with the adapter plate from cat I think.
Winching is a lot cheaper than broken parts. They can get expensive lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Touché lol...... I’ve owned this machine for its lifetime. I got it brand new (Side note....off of an older guy...id day about 80 years old....who won it in a raffle. Since the sign said Grand Prize-ATV, he entered into the contest thinking he was trying to win a tv. So from the time he entered into the raffle all the way until the machine got dropped off at his house, this man thought he won a TV. Hahahahaha. I thought it was a funny story).
Anyway.....I’ve been the only owner and I’ve tried through several different methods to add a winch. Even as recently as a few weeks ago, I had a dealer tell me (this is exact quote) “Thanks for the patience. A winch mount for the XC is not available, Arctic Cat really screwed up when they made this machine where adding a winch mount/winch is not available”.

I mounted a portable Reese warn winch to the rear grab bar but it stopped working after two or three uses. Hahaha. It was a POS.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Have you tried looking on Ebay for the parts you need? Ive seen a lot of those xc parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts