Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. 2011 700EFI ATV just quit on the trail. Would not restart. I have it home now . It shows codes AC24 and AC99. Cranks over good, battery voltage 13.4, tried a new coil , new spark plug, done the wiggle test, no change, checked ECM connection it looks good,unplugged battery for a couple minutes. still have the codes. Speedometer flashes EFI.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello. 2011 700EFI ATV just quit on the trail. Would not restart. I have it home now . It shows codes AC24 and AC99. Cranks over good, battery voltage 13.4, tried a new coil , new spark plug, done the wiggle test, no change, checked ECM connection it looks good,unplugged battery for a couple minutes. still have the codes. Speedometer flashes EFI.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've checked fuses, relays and diode. Ground side of coil does not go to ground when Switch is on but I do have power to the hot side. Kill switch seems to be working

·
Administrator
36,537 Posts
If the pod is flashing EFI it is a battery issue. Get your battery load tested.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I put in a new battery. No change. Mine tested ok but was 8 years old. So it was time

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
AC24 is IGNITION coil. This will also initiate code 99. You said you checked fuses but have you actually tested to see if power is at a fuse terminal. Do you even have spark at the plug?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have power to all the fuse terminals and relays. I have no spark. Just tested for continuity from ECU to the coil. That's good. Key Switch is working properly. It's looking like it could be the ECU. Is there anyway to test it?

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
I don’t think you can test it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok. Thanks for the help. guys. Turned out I had a broken wire in the harness. It would come break connection when intermittently. Also had high resistance.

·
Administrator
36,537 Posts
Was it right at the throttle body?

·
Administrator
36,537 Posts
Yes the most common spot in those years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts