Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
power steering failure. dealer has had unit for over 2 months now and still no fix. They have replaced the power steering unit and used arctic cats diagnostic tool and still no fix. dealer said I can take quad and use as is. wtf. injury to anyone operating this unit in this condition is the fault of whom. anybody with similar problems or know of fix. called arctic cat myself but they do not answer nor do they return calls as I have left messages twice now.

·
Administrator
35,838 Posts
You need a new dealer!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the answer I was looking for. Living in grande prairie and not too many dealers to choose from. It is warranty work SO FAR. Getting close to time for a lawyer as I am still making payments. Extremely PISSED!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Without seeing the machine it's difficult to diagnose from your description.

What's it doing?I dunno

- codes?
- doesn't work at all?
- intermittant working?

The power steering "servo" is it's own entity. It communicates with the machine's ECM and determines what level of "assist" is required based on 3 things:
1. VOLTAGE
2. EFI trottle position
3. SPEED sensor

9 times out of 10 the issue is VOLTAGE. If your battery ISN'T putting out at least 10.8 volts when you hit the start button....it WILL NOT WORK/ENGAGE. Older versions needed to be reprogrammed with the elusive AC dealer tool, as they required even higher voltage - E0635 code

(note: FYI if you have let the battery go completely dead & then either boosted it or quick charged it....it's most likely it will NOT produce the correct voltage even though your battery shows it's FULL.....it's done.)

On the flip side if the unit is getting TOO MUCH voltage it will also shut down. I'd be checking your voltage regulator to see what it's "putting out". I've seen machines start out, but then under throttle, shut down due to incorrect voltage from the regulator.

That's how I'd have my service dept. troubleshoot it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are having the intermittent steering problem and it was caused by voltage or a bad battery, is there a reset or learning sequence that needs to happen to get it work again? I have reset the fuse since the new battery install but sitting still I don't have any power assist. I don't go high speeds since I am mostly hunting with it so I can't tell you if the problem exists at high speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts