Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks! The order is in. Really do appreciate it! I shouldn’t have any issues if I were to add about 4 inches to each wire, right? My brother was the electrician, just lost him 4 months ago.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Red_russian1 would you happen to have any YouTube links on how to do this wire? Lol. Finally got the little tools to pop the wires out but not finding much information on how to.

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I got it off but the one pin has seen much better days. Anyone able to point me in the right direction for replacements? Might as well replace the other since I’m extending the wires.

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
Try rm stator.

Reactions: 570Richizzle07

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you! I figured it out but may need to replace the one actual pin inside the connector. Had difficulty pulling it out since the wire pulled out and I had nothing to grab onto to pull it out. All and all, this is still by far the least expensive route. Atv shop has an almost 3 month wait not to mention labor costs and anything else that they love to say needed replacing lol. Besides, learning how to depin/repin these connectors is handy knowledge. Thanks again! Hopefully the next update is a successful accomplishment!

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
There are special tool for that job

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I just picked up a 3 wire plug from an electrical shop that has matching pins and the wires with rubber seal already crimped! Unfortunately I think I broke one of the little plastic locks for the pin to grab inside the connector housing. Would this connector kit (pigtail) be part 0437-103 on country cat?

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
You need the crimper and the release tool. They probably sell those as well.
See further up in the thread.

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Already picked up the exact tools suggested above. As for the kit with the pins, it’s the one on the right in the photo at RM Stator (RM14009)? Figure I’ll get a kit to also have on hand.

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Country Cat just messaged me saying that part is no longer available. So now I need to be pointed in the right direction for getting a replacement pigtail connector for the fuel injector. Tried numerous local auto stores. Suggestions?

They also said I can try sourcing the connector through the vendor that makes them. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did you search ebay for "fuel Inector wiring pig tail"? Example:

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I tried eBay but wasn’t finding one. That one you posted doesn’t look like they match up. However, after digging through the search bar on this forum, I came across a post from years back. A guy said that after doing his extensive research he found that Acura’s and Honda’s have the same injectors and he pulled one out of a junk yard and it worked perfectly. With that said, I came across this. I’m just looking for some other confirmations that this is right.
Microphone Light Product Font Audio equipment

Reactions: red_russian1

·
Registered
2011 Arctic Cat 550 LTD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Here’s the plug (pigtail) I need.
Font Screenshot Automotive lighting Technology Bumper

Reactions: Newbie99
21 - 38 of 38 Posts