Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have any insight for me? This past week the diff lock quit working. I can still hear the actuator buzz when engaging 4x4 and diff lock and the display shows 4Lock. But only 3 wheels spin. It quit working while buried in a snow bank....... I wasn’t beating on it. Just having fun with my 6 year old son.
Appreciate the help!

·
Administrator
38,400 Posts
In 4x4 it acts like a limited slip and the wheel with least resistance will spin (3 wheel), but in diff lock all four should spin. Check to make sure the actuator is pushing in the diff lock pin when you engage “ lock”

Jack it up and check to see if you broke an axle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks doorfx,
I jacked it up. Nothing broken or loose. In 2wd the front tires spin freely. In 4wd they spin opposite directions. In 4lock they still spin in opposite directions. I think they should spin the same direction. The pin is moving in and out when activating the diff lock. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks doorfx,
I jacked it up. Nothing broken or loose. In 2wd the front tires spin freely. In 4wd they spin opposite directions. In 4lock they still spin in opposite directions. I think they should spin the same direction. The pin is moving in and out when activating the diff lock. 🤷‍♂️
When you "turn on" the diff lock, is it the lever that you flip over? If yes, then it may need cable adjustment. Also, even with diff lock, it may take a complete rotation (or two) of the front tire for the axle to "cycle" to lock the rotation on the other wheel. At least that is what I have on my 06 650

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the electronic slide button for both 4wd and diff lock. Turned the front tires lots with the front end off the ground as well as driving around slowly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts