Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this sxs. Previous owner had gauge issues and replaced it off a model that has a belt sensor. My sxs has no belt sensor. Anyway. It flashes belt across the screen all the time and rpm/speedo gauge goes up and down. Fuel gauge reads properly. Also seems like it wont go over 35 mph and when u give it alot of gas it acts like rev limiter. Could this be due to ecm reading the code from gauges acting like a blown belt? And is there a way i can diagnose this problem. Like will machine run without the gauges plugged in?

·
Administrator
42,248 Posts
Start with getting your battery load tested. 65% of problems are battery related.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya. New battery and re tested. The gauge doesnt belong to my sxs. Its from another model that has belt sensor. I was thinking thats my problem. Frustrating cause machine does 35-40mph tops at this point. Im reading guys getting 50-60 mph stock. And when i step on the gas in high gear it feels like rev limiter at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.

·
Administrator
42,248 Posts
Countrycat.com has them for free under technical. Pretty sure you can run with no pod on that machine. No canbus communication.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts