Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 crossfire 800 this spring with 600 miles, it now has about 800 and the spider in the primary is cracked. I did a little reading online and noticed many cases of this happening some of them arctic cat replaced others they didn't. I took it to the dealer to show them and they said they will do the best they can to fight for me but said me not being the original owner and it being out of warrenty could make it tough.

Has anyone had this issue and what have you experienced as far as arctic cat helping out their customers?

My main perspective on this is that the sled has only 800 miles regardless of how out of warrenty it is this should NOT happen and it really irritates me that i've seen so many problems and arctic cat has not done anything as far as a recall.

·
Registered
144 Posts
mine broke today, never heard of the cracking problem before and didn't notice anything when i changed weights two days ago

let us know what u figure out

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put new weights in a week before heading west (big horn mountain range), just google "arctic cat spyder cracking" I found a thread from some website that had 20+ problems on 09 and 10's and a few 11's, took my sled to the dealer to show them and they couldn't find a reason why it happened and they and myself contacted arctic cat and have not heard a response yet.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update on my clutch, arctic cat first said that they would not warrenty being that my sled is out of warrenty (i was mad) called a couple more times and arctic cat finally realised that my sled only had 800 miles on and said they'd send me a new one at no cost to me.

Very happy customer and great customer service on their part realising that they made a mistake and knew they had to take care of the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got the same sled. My spider cracked and took out the whole left side of the sled. Both Clutches and bodywork garbage. Very unhappy with the quality coming out of TRF as of late.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the same sled. My spider cracked and took out the whole left side of the sled. Both Clutches and bodywork garbage. Very unhappy with the quality coming out of TRF as of late.
I know the feeling, my clutch has went with under 3,500 so has my dads, and a friend with an m6. I know other manufacturers are getting many more out of thiers. Belt life has also been an issue and I know my clutches are aligned properly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My buddy has had issues with his spider as well the rollers went on it, then another buddy same problem the roller would stick.... Seems to be happening a lot around the 2009 CFR800's.

Seems to be a real issue between 3500 to 4500 miles... Check your clutches...

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
My buddy has had issues with his spider as well the rollers went on it, then another buddy same problem the roller would stick.... Seems to be happening a lot around the 2009 CFR800's.

Seems to be a real issue between 3500 to 4500 miles... Check your clutches...

most ac clutches need to be rebuilt every 3000 miles and they have been like for over 20 years.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just rebuild the spider you have if its not cracked. You need special tools to replace it. If you are that far just get the rebuild kit from Cat.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Cat does not offer any rebuild kits for these anymore. You will need to source your parts from either Thunder Products or Fett Brothers. You can also buy tools from these guys and SLP has a real nice spider tool and clutch holding fixture.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Rebuilding the primary is no joke. The spider is installed with lock tight that you need to heat up in order to loosen the spider. We have a holder that goes into the receiver tube of a pickup to break it loose. That and a three foot bar on the tool. If you put it in a bench vise it will want to spin the vise or tip over your work bench.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts