Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking about trading my sled and with every ones help i may be doing so but i still am a little scared if i should go with the 2009 f8 or the 2010 1 is the 91 octane gas that does factor in because of the constant price of gas flux two is the 09 are pretty well figured out the 2010 is a new engine and well enough said plus wire or ecm problems as previous models. don't get me wrong the f-series is great just a little worried and advise thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go with the 2010, power difference is dramatic, 91 octane gas shouldn't be an issue for somebody with 10k to throw at a sled and the thing can run on 87 in a pinch. The motor changes shouldn't drastically change the 800's solid reliability. Just mho.

·
Registered
411 Posts
well first thing is first...do you need the extra power that the engine gives you...is it worth the extra couple grand compared to the price of a 09 left over...you ride a 700 and a F5...both are great sleds...but the F8 in either the 09 or 10 will blow either of your sleds away...the 09 and 10 are more dialed in then the 07 F5 you have so the ride is just that much better...in my opinion...and its just my opinion...I would go with the 09 safe the money and more gear or pay off a credit card...you still can go balls to the wall with this engine...easily reach 100...but if you need the 163 hp of the new F8...then by all means get it...either way you will be very happy

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Here's just an idea to toss out there on 09 vs 2010 --- Put a D&D shim kit on the 09 for $250 and have virtually the same power as the 2010 for less money...which can then be used for studs, etc......

Not sure what model you are looking at.... stnd, snopro, lxr ..... but if getting the snopro.... in 09, see if you can swap the single ply cobra for a 2 ply or ripsaw. Need chambers for the Floats on either yr.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not decided on the lxr or sno pro if the sno pro i like the 2010 graphics but if the lxr then the 2009 i do not like the graphics on the lxr 2010. and what do you mean chambers on the floats

·
Registered
555 Posts
the 09 is the better of the 2 sleds because we know the 09 were good once you tighten the oil lines, the 2010 is unknown if it is good or not and not worth the chance for the extra 10 hp, if the extra 10 hp is that important get the 1000... the 1000 is a better engine then the 800 anyways no matter what the year. 1000's the way to go if speed is the name of the game

Z

·
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dippy Dawg @ Dec 20 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the 09 is the better of the 2 sleds because we know the 09 were good once you tighten the oil lines, the 2010 is unknown if it is good or not and not worth the chance for the extra 10 hp, if the extra 10 hp is that important get the 1000... the 1000 is a better engine then the 800 anyways no matter what the year. 1000's the way to go if speed is the name of the game[/b]
It is closer to if not 20 HP plus lighter weight and better overall put together sled! The motor is going to be bulletproof! The 1000 is not the better engine and after this year is probably gone to prove it!

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cbr @ Dec 20 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
..... and what do you mean chambers on the floats[/b]

various companies like Fett Bros and NexTech make add-on air chambers that look a lot like the oil reservoirs on some older shocks. They add extra air capacity which make the shock more tunable. Do a search, should be some topics on it. If not, go over the HCS and search teh F forum there.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Whatever sled you choose make sure you have the heat soak procedure done to it. The dealer should have the info for doing this, it is mandatory to get done on the 2009's and recommended on the 2010.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Super Moderator
8,693 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ljothen @ Dec 22 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have both sleds and probably won't ever sit on the 09 again. After the premix is out of it the 2010 is a rocket.[/b]
Hate to say it, but this is quite true.

Do not hop on anyone's 2010 800. It will leave you feeling a little disappointed. :(

·
Registered
282 Posts
I sold my 700 Sabercat and bought my new 09 F8 LXR LE. Rode it for the first time last weekend on the trails in Wisconsin. Very comfy and plenty fast. If fast is everything to you go for the 10. Otherwise my 09 beat my friends 800 skidog by over a sled length in a drag race and he had some go fast parts. Being the fastest is not that important to me so buying the 09 and saving the money was the way I went. With the money I saved I bought some new duds and a new matching helmet. My .02

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do like the 09 LE graphics, a friend has the LE Z1 turbo and almost always has somebody coming up to him checking out the sled wherever we stop. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts