Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I already had disconnected the TSS on my CF800 and it still shut down once, but restarted and ran fine the rest of the weekend. The TSS can be unplugged at the handlebar control.
Is it the 2 wire plug to the switch where the throttle cable meets the housing or the switch under/next to the throttle lever?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am having the same issue with a 2010 800 LXR. The sled stalls quite frequently. I wiggle the throttle cable where it meets the control on the throttle lever on handlebar and it will restart, but it acts up and wants to stall. When I sense it is going to stall I can sometimes let off the throttle and it will idle back up avoiding a stall. I am going to replace the throttle cable to see if it helps. I also noticed my fuel pump making a noise after I pulled into garage and shut off. Not sure what that's about. But do you think its the throttle cable or TSS? Where can the TSS be disconnected or bypassed on a 2010 800 LXR? Dealer just charges money saying it needed adjustment but problem still exists.
New Throttle cable didn't change things. Need to figure out how to bypass the TSS. Help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New Throttle cable didn't change things. Need to figure out how to bypass the TSS. Help.
OK, I disconnected the TSS. Ran great for about 20 min. Now its wanting to stall again. I have to let go of throttle and it sometimes will idle back up. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, I disconnected the TSS. Ran great for about 20 min. Now its wanting to stall again. I have to let go of throttle and it sometimes will idle back up. Any ideas?
Is it completely shutting down electrically or just bogging out? If just bogging after warming up I would suspect bad reed valves. I recently replaced mine for this reason, and they were pretty chewed up. If it’s electrical I’m still working on diagnostics on mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it completely shutting down electrically or just bogging out? If just bogging after warming up I would suspect bad reed valves. I recently replaced mine for this reason, and they were pretty chewed up. If it’s electrical I’m still working on diagnostics on mine.
Bogging out and stalling. Where are the reed valves in an EFI?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The reeds are front of the throttle bodies and not easy to get to ( at least on a CF). My bad reed symptoms were hard starting and bogging (wouldn’t go over 50). It would run ok otherwise at light throttle - less the occasional complete shutdown (like hitting the kill switch), which I’m still trying to pinpoint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine starts easy, first turn of the key. I have no limits on speed or acceleration except for when it wants to stall. Problem is intermittent. I checked all the wiring for any wear & tear but it all looks good. I will keep searching for answers. Good luck and let me know what you find.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got mine back, the TSS was worn through and shorted on the steering neck.
( the guy before me disconnected the kill switch and added a helmet heayer connection) he never ran the wires back the way he found them.
Also the oil pump arm was on upside down/ backwards which would catch on the fuel pump line / cable ?
It's all good now
$162. Well spent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got mine back, the TSS was worn through and shorted on the steering neck.
( the guy before me disconnected the kill switch and added a helmet heayer connection) he never ran the wires back the way he found them.
Also the oil pump arm was on upside down/ backwards which would catch on the fuel pump line / cable ?
It's all good now
$162. Well spent
Nice! Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of the charge coils tested bad on the stator, so I ordered one from RM Stator. I also ordered an ignition sensor since it was only $30 and you mentioned it could be part of the problem.

When I tore into it, I found a wire rubbed through on one of the ignition sensors. Of course since there are two, it isn't the one RM Stator sent me...Bought one on eBay.
What was your ignition sensor wire rubbing on?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts