Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 Crossfire 800 Sno pro, havent had the chance to put any miles on her yet, not much snow yet in NW maine, Anyone put serious miles on one yet?

My dealer says A/C doesn't recommend picking the track, any feedback would be great...

:Sabcat:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Arctic cat doesn't recommend picking the track because they haven't bothered to develop the way to do it:) They are essentially recommending you slide through icy corners at oncoming traffic and hope you don't get nailed by another rider. Let me know if you want to ride in control, I have all the parts, tools and experience to help you get the job done on this sled.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put my first 100 miles on my new one today...It does have power. You do have to hang on. I am sure I have to work on the adjustments tonight. I really had to work driving the sled. I was all over the trail. It does not handle like a corvette, like my 2004 600 firecat. I may look into duallys also.

check your hose clamps in the back of the sled. One of mine wasn't even connected and I had a slow drip until I got home. I wonder why the dealer didn't notice that when they did initial break in.

Hopefully I will ride more tomorrow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Put about 150mi on in the last couple of days. I'm very impressed with this sled. Power is great, feels like every drop is getting to the ground. I just about lost a kid while getting on the gas. It cornered good for being in loose snow. I'm coming off an 07 F6 and this is a monster. Rides more rough than the F, but that's what I expected. Haven't done any adjusting, just driving the hell out of it. It's nice to stay right on the ass of my buddies and their renegades. Saw 100mph on a short straight away with more left. Love it so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
your only gonna see about 105mph top end with 2010 crossfire 800 standard, 1.25" 141" track..... its a beast from 0-90 after that it is what it is.....Pulls like a raped ape....does not handle as good on trail as 2007 F8 but it handles night and day better off trail, plus pulls way harder then my last, I Love the sled.......very good purchase on my part!!!!!

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Looks like this is going to be a great sled. As for not studding, I'd have to say it's because of the single ply track. They were ballooning like crazy from what I read last year on the turbos. I think if I had one of the new sleds, I'd go back to a regular track...just doesn't seem like the single ply is all that great for the little bit of weight savings. I dunno

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just bought a limited edition model. It's still crated. My present to myself for all the past aggravation...We'll see if it really lives up to my expectations. Most are telling me the ride will be too stiff for my liking? Shock tuning or going with Float 2's might be the option? I dunno?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2010 Crossfire 800 R had one problem at 36.7 miles. An incorrectly installed fuel line at the injector manifold, could have been disastrous, fortunately, it just sprayed fuel all over the place under the hood, with NO FIRE. Suggest everyone check that out. It spins like crazy, needs studs, and better runners...............

·
Registered
51 Posts
After 200 miles the sled is growing on me. I am really starting to love this thing. So far the main problem is the rear hose clamps. Also seems like I am missing an overflow hose on the radiator bottle.

I tightened the limiter straps and it handles much better on the trail. I think I just need dual carbides to finish tweeking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snow38 @ Dec 25 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jsp @ Dec 25 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After 200 miles the sled is growing on me. I am really starting to love this thing. So far the main problem is the rear hose clamps. Also seems like I am missing an overflow hose on the radiator bottle.

I tightened the limiter straps and it handles much better on the trail. I think I just need dual carbides to finish tweeking.[/b]
There is no overflow hose on any of the 2010 800's that I have seen at the dealer or on mine (Crossfire 8 standard). Have fun with it.
[/b][/quote]

Didn't see a overflow on mine either...

Please send snow! bang your head

:sno:

·
Registered
778 Posts
This sled ripps handles great not as smooth of a ride as a F but it halls ass on a twisty trail. Would like to see how it handles with a set of shaper bars from stud boy on it. If I was to stud it I would get a two ply track.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine vibrates like crazy also but its got 160+ HP So just like the 1000cc there is going to be some vibration, crack the throttle at idle and try to get the RPM's down and it will stop vibrating, only occurs at high idle!! plus i saw a newtop speed yesterday on snowpacked lake 108MPH and that was only holding it too the bar for like 20 sec. or so.

·
Registered
51 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GallusT660 @ Jan 1 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Mine vibrates like crazy also but its got 160+ HP So just like the 1000cc there is going to be some vibration, crack the throttle at idle and try to get the RPM's down and it will stop vibrating, only occurs at high idle!! plus i saw a newtop speed yesterday on snowpacked lake 108MPH and that was only holding it too the bar for like 20 sec. or so.[/b]
Just wanted to make sure it was "normal". Thanks.

My top speed was 102 so far.

AND, I need a new owner's manual. I left mine in the seat in a zip lock bag, now it is mush.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jsp @ Jan 1 2010, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GallusT660 @ Jan 1 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine vibrates like crazy also but its got 160+ HP So just like the 1000cc there is going to be some vibration, crack the throttle at idle and try to get the RPM's down and it will stop vibrating, only occurs at high idle!! plus i saw a newtop speed yesterday on snowpacked lake 108MPH and that was only holding it too the bar for like 20 sec. or so.[/b]
Just wanted to make sure it was "normal". Thanks.

My top speed was 102 so far.

AND, I need a new owner's manual. I left mine in the seat in a zip lock bag, now it is mush.
[/b][/quote]

:gbeerchug:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anyone's a-arms pealing paint yet? My left one is peeling at the welds, but right one is perfect. Is this warranty?

What is the trick for removing the belt cover? No idea how I would do that on a trail.

·
Super Moderator
8,693 Posts
Mechanics gloves. I push down on the front outer tab and yank the same side of the cover. Lot's of bloody knuckles without the gloves because it let's loose all at once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey i live in southern maine, and i was wonder if you could do us a favor. SEND SOME OF THAT SNOW YOU ARE GETTING DOWN HERE!!!!
We would be very great full of you. Thanks, Alex

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Have no fears regarding studding that track. .

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey is anyone having trouble starting when hot i have a 2011 snopro and you could pull your arms off unless you hold the throttle wide open then it starts.gonna talk to the dealer today

1 - 20 of 27 Posts