Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i had bad fuel so i removed and cleaned fuel injector and did a spray test "ok" checked fuel pressure @ 40 psi book says 43 psi drained and flushed fuel system. Bike runs great cold but after a while 30 min or so idle starts acting up and finally Eng loses 90% of power and no throttle response let cool down completly and runs fine dont trust it to try any more long range trips. my 2015 wildcat trail did a similer thing when the pick up coil went bad. Any ideas out there anyone have this issue?

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts
Check your fuel pressure when it dies.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Listen to the fuel pump when you turn the key. Does sound like a smooth whir or a grinding?

Quite a few around that year had bad pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought i had bad fuel so i removed and cleaned fuel injector and did a spray test "ok" checked fuel pressure @ 40 psi book says 43 psi drained and flushed fuel system. Bike runs great cold but after a while 30 min or so idle starts acting up and finally Eng loses 90% of power and no throttle response let cool down completely and runs fine don't trust it to try any more long range trips. my 2015 wildcat trail did a similar thing when the pick up coil went bad. Any ideas out there anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not checked pump when issue is present yet but any other time pump powers up with normal sound

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts
Also check wires on throttle body they are known to break

·
Administrator
35,591 Posts
I think you found your issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts