Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post. I have a new to me 2010 450 H1 efi with 1700 miles. It sat for awhile before I got it so I went through it with new fluids. The gas was pretty old but I drained it and put fresh gas in, and it ran great but was idling high and intermittent slapping sound from the timing chain area. It would quiet up at idle but when revved, it would slap loudly for about 5 seconds and then quiet down again.

I started it up a few hours later and it backfired pretty good. After that, it starts normally and idles fine but hesitates revving up and doesn't really have any power. I believe the timing jumped.

When I took the adjuster off, it only moved back about 1/8" if that, so there's not much room left for the adjuster to move.

I'm unsure if the adjuster is any good... I'm not sure how much tension it should have. With a quick hit from my palm, I'm able to move the adjuster in. Is there any way to test it?

I've already ordered the chain and just want to make sure if there's anything else I need or should replace while I'm at it.

Also, I believe I have the silver ecm and there are only 5 wires in the "diagnostic plug". How do you pull codes on this type and is the procedure the same for resetting the tps, just without jumping the diagnostic pins?

Thanks

·
Administrator
36,140 Posts
Get a new adjuster and guides , it is a common issue with that engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts