Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to swap the 120 for a 200 cc clone.im setting it up with a mikuni 22mm carb.i already removed the governor and the gear.i want to install afew upgrades like alluminum flywheel and better valve springs.my question is: will all gx 200 honda parts fit the clones and are all 6.5 hp clones the same? Mine came from princess auto

·
Registered
125 Posts
NRracing.com for the clone motor parts. I got the stage 1 kit for my son's motor I swapped into his MiniZ

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got the clone installed and running!!! It makes a huge difference :). Anyone have a wireing diagram from stock to clone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good man. Im about to do the same for my two little ZR 120's but I'm trying to find a lighting coil that will mount to the Powerfist engine's. Any luck doing that your self or did you just leave the lights alone? I picked up a couple of these 7hp 208cc powerfist engines from princess auto for $129 each....unreal price for these things. Same size as the 196cc/200cc models. guess they are newer versions but will still do the job.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The charging coils are the same from the 160cc up to the 390cc, last year I put a 200cc clone electric start (Hy-spec brand , from wajax industrial components $265.00 canadian) into my sons 120 and added a second charging coil I robbed from a 13hp PA clone, the blocks are pre-drilled and tapped to mount the second coil. The stock light works great and it keeps the battery charged. These are charging coils, not lighting coils. Lighting coils are much more expensive and put out a lot more amps but I found that 2 charging coils are fine. Keep in mind you need a flywheel with internal magnets as well, all elec start model have these and some non pull starts have them if designed to run lights, I don't think the cheap 6.5 princess auto engines have the internal magnets

Honda GX160 GX200 GX240 GX270 GX340 GX390 Charging Coil Generator P CO21 | eBay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure wish I could find a "write up" on this, with all the parts used and sources. Im finally tackling this and Im struggling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clone muffler

What's the best alternative for the muffler for one of these clone installs? I've installed the Powerfist from PA, now just need to quiet it down a tad....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carb adapters

Hey guys, I successfully swapped in a predator engine and let me tell you it makes a huge difference in power. I just put a velocity stack on the stock carb but the first thing I noticed is that its going to be impossible to remove the carb for servicing without removing the entire engine not to mention the fact that I don't have any room for a filter. Does anyone know were to get the 90 degree adapters shown in the first photo of this thread?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts