Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son recently destroyed the rear drive shaft and while he was getting it pulled out of the bush the slip yolk along with the gear shaft that goes into the rear diff came out and is now lost.

I haven't been able to source out the specific replacement parts for the diff components so have been searching for a complete rear diff assembly and think I found one on Ebay however it is for the 2008.

Are the 08 and 09 the same or are they not compatible. The shaft, U-Joints and Slip yolk are the same part numbers but as for the Diff Case they come up as different part numbers.

I don't want to spend nearly $2000 to buy a new one so if anyone here can offer some help by telling me if the 08 will fit for the 09 I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.....

·
Administrator
35,832 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, That sums up what I had found although I like that you found so much more detail in the parts listings. I'm guessing I will just have to keep searching for the right one. If anyone knows of any salvage yards that would have one send their info my way. Anywhere in Canada as long as I can have it shipped.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

By any chance would you know what this highlighted part is called? It isn't listed on any parts lists I have looked up and it ultimately is the only part I will need to complete the assembly I already have without having to buy a complete diff assembly or $1400 Shaft Input Assembly.

·
Administrator
35,832 Posts
I might have one at home. I’ll check in the next couple of days

·
Administrator
35,832 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts