Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure what bolts are coming lose with this recall. I figure I can check them in stead of hauling my sled to the dealership and losing it for a few days. I have 1000kms on it already, so if they had fallen out I'm sure I would have noticed it by now haha, boom. I see a loomed line and 2 steel lines on opposite end of the loomed line from oil tank. I'm wondering which ones? The loomed line from the tank or the 2 steel lines on each side?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am assuming they are the most nastiest bolt to get at... you have to loose'n the motor mount or what? Rotten recall, I think I will just bring it in if I cant get to them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Here are the instructions from the service bulletin. The wrench has to be 2 1/2 inches long with the box end ground down to a 1/8 inch

1. Remove the console assembly; then remove the left-side access panel.
2. Disconnect the exhaust temperature sensor; then remove the expansion chamber. Retain all springs.
3. Remove both screws securing the left rear spar to the front spar; then remove the cap screw securing the intake
duct to the steering support assembly. Remove intake duct. Note how air temperature sensor is routed for
installation purposes.
4. Remove both self-tapping screws securing the upper bumper fascia to the front bumper assembly.
5. Remove exhaust support; then remove the air silencer assembly.
6. Bend a 8 mm wrench to the specific length shown below; then grind down the closed end to .08.” See Fig. 1.

7. Tighten top and bottom oil pump union bolts securely. See Fig. 2.

8. Install air silencer assembly; then install exhaust support.
9. Install upper bumper fascia using existing self-tapping screws; then install air temperature sensor.
10. Install intake duct using existing hardware.
11. Install expansion chamber and exhaust temperature sensor; then install left-side access panel and console
assembly.

Hope this helps Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts