Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Crossfire 5 seems to be running rich and it seems boggy on the low end. When I am using a little throttle and idling (tight spots ect) it is boggy when I get back on the throttle. It takes a few minutes and is good again. I seem to smell gas a lot more than usual and it is definitely harder on fuel than it was. Had it to the dealer as it was throwing code 07and 7 (see renability tread – it has done this since new with other crap codes). The found a bent plug on the TPS and fixed that and chased out the wiring and that was the only issue they frond. I also told them it was running rich and using more gas.
Anyone have any suggestions – running regular gas and semi synthetic oil.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I checked the fuel pressure pretty steady at 43-44 psi using an inline gauge and sled running. Does this seem right? The 08 manual I have states 28-32. As well how do I check my Reeds?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You will have to pull throttle bodies off to check reeds. In order to do that pull off the hood, airbox, then throttle bodies. Not sure about the 500's but on my 800 there was an anitifreeze line on the clutch side and oil line on the mag side that was a pain in the ass to get back on. once you have throttle bodies off you can use a little mirror to look into your intake to see if there is damaged reeds might be easier to just pull them right out and have a good look at them.

however the high fuel pressure maybe causing the issue as well it seems pretty high compared to what manual states. That could be causing the sled to bog because of too much fuel..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts