Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting Code ECU18 and had a servo issue on my sled. Replaced the servo with new and it seemed to work for 5 minutes. Then it stopped working and would not cycle any more. Checked voltage at connector and was not getting any power.

Started with changing Stator and Voltage Regulator, but still no cycle of servo. The cable worked freely and valves were clean. Cables also looked good. So, purchased a Superior pnumatic valve kit and relay, but still getting the same ECU code and the machine will not run faster than 60 MPH.

Starts on 1st pull and idles well.

Possibly the ECU is bad, or maybe a bad connection or cable issue? Did anyone else experience this issue?

Getting very frustrated and hope someone has experience with fixing this issue or can help me diagnose this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To any one reading this, I did find the problem. I took the seat and gas tank off. To do this, I had to unbolt the stearing column and the 2 bolts on the chasis holding the tank. Under the tank, I found the wiring harness to the servo motor. I then un-did the tape holding the harness to the frame and looked under the harness. I found the harness worn down to a the wires, which 1 of the wires was exposed and shorted itself onto the frame. I taped up the harness ran the machine all weekend witout any issues. Hope this helps you other guys find your issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts