Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, and gals, I hope I don't sound like a broken record but here goes.....So I'm the original owner of this 700, has 500 miles on it when the pod went out, tried every fix on it, nothing, which I guess I don't really need it other than fuel. It's been a bullet proof machine, I have had no issues till now....I Turn the key and it will run through it's start up noises, I can hear the fuel pump, then it will start and idle for less than a minute then die, start again and die, and again, until it won't fire, but turns over fine, like it's run itself out of fuel. wait a while and same thing....So I changed fuel filter (it was original), checked breather on tank, good, Battery is a 3 year old Odessey 680, had it tested, it's good. always run non oxy fuel, and use sea foam once a year for treatment, My question is, because of the pod being out, will that affect the cold start up/choke shutting off fuel? Wondering if I'll have to go through carb? I mean this thing is clean, not mud bogged, I drive like a grandma,a month ago I put 40 miles on it on dirt roads, ran perfect, just need some ideas on where to start digging, Thanks...

·
Administrator
35,610 Posts
You don’t have a carb it is EFI. you need to check for the correct fuel pressure , should be 43 psi constant.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I’ve fixed a couple 2009 Arctic Cats with bad fuel pumps. It should make a smooth quiet whirr.
X2 check fuel pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just checked pressure, 43 pounds start it, and holds at 43 , then dies as it did before, I swaped electric diod’s and tried it, same thing, I pulled fuel pump, took apart, replaced all gaskets, and the big one on the pump, re-installed, same thing, so looks like it’s off to the throttle body? Thanks...

·
Administrator
35,610 Posts
Have you set your TPS and reset the IAC?

·
Administrator
35,610 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So after tearing this machine down to the frame... I decided to take it in to dealer😭, they did need to replace the pod to adjust the TPS, said it was way off, they went over fuel system and found nothing wrong, on the test drive it died again on the mechanic, so he said they put a new spark plug in it and that did it, ran it around and it runs fine, I did check the plug when I first started working on it , looked good so I didn’t replace it. This is the second time I’ve had issues with the plug, first time was at the 90 mile mark plug failed, had a piece of something stuck in the diode, misfired... thanks for the input you guys, normally I would never go to dealer, but where I live that’s all I have when I can’t figure it out. My next thought is clutching, I’m looking for a little more wheel spin, this 700 seems to have the rpm’s but not the spin I need sometimes in the swamp, ( I’m comparing it to a poo sportsman 500) was there any difference in clutching on the 700 mud cat, than my 700h1?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts