Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went on an 90 mile run. Sled worked great for 75 miles. During the last 15 my display flashed "HOT HOT ECU 06" every few minutes. I stopped for about an hour after it started to let it cool. 1/2 a mile and display was flashing again. I didn't notice any change in performance. Oil was full. I did run a full tank of regular fuel thru it as it was the only fuel available in small town gas pump.
Can anyone tell me what ECU 06 is and how much damage if any I may have caused in that last 15 miles?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
If it was indeed overheating and you continued to ride, catastrophic engine damage can and will occur. If you stopped as soon as it was seen and allowed to cool, more likely than not it's just fine.
Where you riding in low snow conditions?
Coolant level up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were riding in about -12c weather, lots of snow, coolant levels ok.
Yesterday, we cleaned the power valves, which had some carbon buildup, but were by no means bad. Then I inspected every electrical connection I could find. Nothing felt loose, frayed or bare. Fluids were fine. Took it out for a 45 mile run, with 2 stops along the way. No codes, ran beautiful. Anything else I should be checking? I'm a little leary about taking it out on a longer trip now.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Wires for the temp sensor are behind / below the recoil at the rear of the engine. With just the pipe / muffler outta the way, snug but doable to see if it's rubbed or pinched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts