Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello so I'm looking to change the oil in the sled and I do not have a service manual. Searching here I see two different quanities listed, 3oz and 12oz, and saying 12oz for a sled with reverse which mine does.

Issue is when I drained it, I did not appear to get anywhere near 12 oz but was certainly more than three. I didn't catch it all so really cannot be sure. The file line looks very low on the side of the case so Im leaning to the 3oz and that it was over filled by the dealer before??

Thanks

~ Phil

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this thread on another forum that stats the amount of fluid by year and says 12oz for an 08

Phil

·
Registered
563 Posts
Be sure to tip the sled very high to the left to fully drain the diamond drive....Also, Cat recommends the DD be flushed with their flush fluid before adding new fluid....
Goes like this.....Pull secondary, pull drain on DD, tip sled up to be sure fully drained. Tip sled the other way(to right), replace drain plug and remove upper full plug, add flush fluid and replace fill plug. Drop sled back down. replace secondary and belt. Start sled and run on a stand so track goes around a few times. Shut sled off, pull drain plug and tip to left side to fully drain flush fluid. Replace drain plug, tip to right, pull fill plug, ad 12 or 15 OZ. of fluid, replace fill plug, drop sled to floor, replace belt and secondary.......Go riding.
I ran my first DD sled 15,000 miles with zero problems following this technique, and my current DD sled has almost 14,000 miles with the same.......I have only used Cat flush and oil......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts