Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I bought a 2008 F1000 LXR that sat for a few years. I syphoned what I could out of the tank and replaced with new gas. Added a bit of isopropyl and put a bit of gas in the cylinders. She fired up and ran. Had the track up in the air. Throttle response was good. Ran until she started to get a bit hot. (like 5 minutes) Shut it off and it has no interest in starting. I would think that would be enough time running to get the old gas through the system and get the new gas and isopropyl in there. Am I wrong? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Only two things to check. Fuel and spark. Check to see if getting spark. Check for gas by pulling line off throttle body and try to start and see if fuel comes out. If it does you know it's getting fuel. If not, check fuse for pump. If good, old gas may have deteriorated fuel pickups in tank and plugged pump inlet. It's likely but not 110% sure as it ran for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. I bought a 2008 F1000 LXR that sat for a few years. I syphoned what I could out of the tank and replaced with new gas. Added a bit of isopropyl and put a bit of gas in the cylinders. She fired up and ran. Had the track up in the air. Throttle response was good. Ran until she started to get a bit hot. (like 5 minutes) Shut it off and it has no interest in starting. I would think that would be enough time running to get the old gas through the system and get the new gas and isopropyl in there. Am I wrong? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Steve
Only two things to check. Fuel and spark. Check to see if getting spark. Check for gas by pulling line off throttle body and try to start and see if fuel comes out. If it does you know it's getting fuel. If not, check fuse for pump. If good, old gas may have deteriorated fuel pickups in tank and plugged pump inlet. It's likely but not 110% sure as it ran for 5 minutes.
Thanks 660catman. I'll be starting to look into this next week. I appreciate your input. I'm just baffled at how it can run great when I put a little gas in the cylinders and pull it over.....then I shut it off and it won't start back up. I guess I don't understand how it keeps running well (keeps getting gas) once I start it by putting a little gas in the cylinders if the fuel pickups or pump inlet are clogged or deteriorated. Struggling with that. I guess when I pull the gas line off and pull it over I'll find out if its still getting gas.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
Are you saying it only starts once you feed the cylinders gas? I thought you just did that once and now it doesn’t go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you saying it only starts once you feed the cylinders gas? I thought you just did that once and now it doesn’t go.
I started it the first time by putting gas in the cylinders. It ran for about 5 minutes until I shut it off. I tried starting it again and it wouldn't start. I replaced plugs and it still wouldn't start. That's where I started this chat. Gonna get back at it this week now that I/m back in town. Thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK...worked on the sled last night. Had spark at cylinders.....put a bit of fuel in each. started up and ran. Shut it off and it restarted over and over. I'm guessing I have finally cleared up whatever old gas deposits were ailing me. :) Thanks for your help 660 Catman....even though it turned out to be an easy fix this time. It's appreciated.

·
Registered
9,092 Posts
No problem, now you need to go on a long run if you got snow yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts