Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1000 is making a weird nose. Sounds like a turbo spooling up. The sound pitch never changes. And it only happens when a load is on. It won't do it if it's on a track stand. Please and thank you for your help

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'd check it again and all the idler wheels as well. A bad bearing in one of the center idlers could do that cause they usually aren't turning when the track is in the air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have not drained it yet. But looked inside and it all looks like it should. I will be draining it in the am when I get more DD oil. I will also check those wheels. I'm guessing I just spin them? And the sound also sounds like it's coming from the front right but could be wrong. Thanks again

·
Registered
385 Posts
The only other thing i could think of is make sure the track is centered so none of the wheels are making contact with the drive lugs on the inside. And maybe the hyfax, although i have never heard of getting a noise when they are bad, i suppose if you were right down through them it might make noise. And then just a basic check of the whole rear suspension. I know on the older cats the mount for the rear shock could flip so that it was on the wrong side of the axle and make contact with the track, not sure if that is even a possibility with this newer suspension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts