Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i need a front differential for a 2008 or 2009 arctic cat 500 automatic. part number is 1502-248(2008 and 2009 are the same part #). i've been searching for a used one but there's not a lot out there. would a front differential from a different year also fit and work? if so which ones? also is there a good place on line to find this part?

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
If yours is a 2008 model year, Arctic Cat has a safety recall on the front diff. Call a dealer with your vin and ask about the safety recall on 2008 model year Cats.

Click link;

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
If that doesn’t work , I have a brand new one for sale 3.6 gear ratio.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If yours is a 2008 model year, Arctic Cat has a safety recall on the front diff. Call a dealer with your vin and ask about the safety recall on 2008 model year Cats.

Click link;

i first went that way and arctic cat will not help. the dealership will fix the part on recall inside the diff. unfortunately when that pin broke it cause a lot of damage to the diff itself making unusable now.

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
It doesn’t have to be that part number. As long as it is a 3.6 diff it will fit. The only differences are the nose cones. 3 bolts to remove and replace with your driveline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn’t have to be that part number. As long as it is a 3.6 diff it will fit. The only differences are the nose cones. 3 bolts to remove and replace with your driveline.
in what area are you situated and how much are looking for teh part? i know it might not be same but whats the part number do you have?

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
I’m sorry I sold it.

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
There are a lot of part numbers. If you know the year and size you can look it up on country cat and use the “where used” feature. Browns leisure world as well.
Pm me the info if you are not sure or post it here, someone will help you.
400,500,650,550 all used them at some point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a lot of part numbers. If you know the year and size you can look it up on country cat and use the “where used” feature. Browns leisure world as well.
Pm me the info if you are not sure or post it here, someone will help you.
400,500,650,550 all used them at some point.
the atv i need it for is a 2008 arctic at 500 automatic. front differential. and the part on it now is 1503-248

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
Any dif 2006-2009. As long as it is 3.6 gear ratio. Even the 3.1 and 4.0 diffs are the same case. Different pinion and or ring gear.
3.6 has 36 tooth ring gear and 10 tooth pinion.
4.0 has 36 tooth ring gear and 9 tooth pinion
3.1 has 34 tooth ring gear and 11 tooth pinion.

Reactions: skipper33333

·
Administrator
41,905 Posts
Yes it will

Reactions: skipper33333
1 - 14 of 14 Posts