Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Parting out an 08 700 EFI, no engine, no front diff, lots of other parts, no brakes, have clutches, wet clutch, fenders, racks, headlights, airbox and ducts,
Speed-rack gun boot mount, minus the kolpin boot

have a lot of stuff from my 04 400 leftover,
brake calipers,
3 brand new sets of brake pads (EBC Sintered, and DP) 2 sets in package, bought sets of 2 over the years but replaced all my hubs/knuckles for different mod reasons. $25/CAD each+shipping
Shocks and springs,

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do have the 04 400 Actuator on my bench, I replaced it with the one from my 08 when I did a diff swap, it functioned just fine when I removed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. I am not sure if mine went out but it doesn’t function when I change the toggle from 2wd to 4wd. How much you want for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2 things to check, check your switch itself, if the rubber around the switch is cracked moisture can get in and cause issues and corrosion. unplug your stock one check for corrosion in connectors, spray a little terminal cleaner in it, di-electric grease it, reconnect it and try. still doesn't work try rolling it back and forth every so slightly while trying because if their is load on the diff sometimes it would engage or move. I can get you a price in a few. where would I be shipping it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok I’ve pulled the actuator cover off and everything poked good. Removed the free gear that is in between the motor and the gear that operators the push rod and when I cycled the ignition and toggled the switch it did run, turned it off, replaced gear and cover, cycles the ignition and toggled the switch and engaged 4wd but would not toggle back to 2wd.

Tyler, TX 75704

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you disengage it kinda rock machine for/backwards a little bit.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know mine if i have load against the diff sometimes it'll engage then get hung up cause there is pressure against the shift fork, other times it won't engage cause there is a small mis-alignment of the fork.. I'm all for selling you parts but don't want you buying stuff you don't need.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i make a weird humping motion to rock it for/back a bit when i go in and out of 4 usually to ensure it is either locked/unlocked before proceeding

·
Registered
7 Posts
I appreciate the information and wanting me to test things out first. Most people would rather just sell and take my money so the fact you want to help me out speaks volumes to your character sir. Wish more people were like you. Thank you.

·
Administrator
39,129 Posts
I’ve met Farrix face to face. Stand up guy !

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Farrix do u still have the shocks available from your 400?
I do still have the old shocks but they are beaten to heck, I got the set off my 700 and put them on my 400, then i got coils from Highlifter to get the sag out of it. To get the new shocks onto the old machine you'll need a set of rear bushings from RicktheRocket he has a set of adapter bushings for the rears.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have both headlights, the LCD sold 2 months ago after hanging out for 4 years

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It should fit an 06 correct?
I've checked the P/Ns 0509-044 is the PN for both machines right headlight. Yes i've got it yes it will work, if you are still interested DM me with address and I'll see how much shipping is in order to make sure it's still worth it to send that far.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts