Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this world and enjoy learning so I need a lesson I was looking over my quad and I noticed that the spring on my foot brake controller was heavily rusted so I decide to change it ,I also removed the pedal to clean it up ,know I put it back on but the pedal is higher than it was and it is really stiff going down when I press on it ,it there is a shaft that it hits when you press down and very stiff to push up . Do I need to bleed the brakes so it not so stiff ?? Thanks

·
Administrator
37,655 Posts
Sounds like your master cylinder is seized up. Check the fluid level in the reservoir under the seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I will do that but prior to removing the peddle it seemed to be working fine again thanks for your help on both of my post

·
Administrator
37,655 Posts
Did you put the spring back on correctly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure I took a pic of the assembly but I deleted it by mistake, Im assuming your talking about the one that sits over the boss that comes from the frame if so can you tell me where it does go just in case , I see a hole at the radius of the peddle toward the bottom nearest to the actual peddle or does it go in the middle where there is a notch . I see your from the frozen north where abouts Im in Ontario

·
Administrator
37,655 Posts
Calgary

·
Administrator
37,655 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks mine is on the bottom one more thing how much travel should that piston rod have when you press down .Thanks

·
Administrator
37,655 Posts
Not much. It’s a master cylinder for your rear caliper

·
Administrator
37,655 Posts
Post a picture

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi e mail issues today but got the spring back on no easy choir when you dont remove the foot rest but the brakes are working short spin today very short just to test will try to post pic Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts