2007 MachZ, reverse, no el.start : 596,0

2007 CF 1000, reverse, no el.start : 620,0

2007 Renegade 1000,reverse, el.start : 659,0

2007 Jag Z1, reverse, el.start : 656,5

So what ya think?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think, "FORTY POUNDS HEAVIER THAN THE MACH Z?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Do I DARE ask, what was the average "wet" weight of an F7??? – Roy

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think it is time Arctic Cat signed up for weight watchers and shed some of the excess weight.... maybe picking one rider position would help shed some of the excess weight...

How many rider position set-ups are there for the Mach and how many for the f1000?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Keep in mind, the Cat lineup has a larger fuel capacity ... I believe it's at least 2 gallons more than the others. I'm not sure but I think their oil capacity is also larger. When they were light and less durable, people complained. Now they're heavier and more rigid, and people complain. It's a catch-22 IMO.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The new F-series Cat's are heavier than the FireCat/SaberCat series. They also have the biggest gas tank of all sleds weighted - which makes this 'wet' weight arguement biased toward sleds with smaller fuel tanks. If you are going to carry extra weight I'd rather it be fuel so the sled's range is extended. FYI, The F1000 holds another 1.5 gallons of gas more than the Mach Z - about 10 lbs.

Cat also has the lowest CG and best mass centralization of all sleds so any additional weight is carried better than the others and doesn't feel heavy. Look at how many heavy components are above the tunnel on other brands.

FYI, Here's some other Cat wet weights from a previous MaxSled article a couple of year ago:

05 AC Sabercat 600 LX (ES&R): 585 lbs
05 AC ZR 900 (ES&R): 588 lbs

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree, Labonte.

Still think that the F1000 638,5 is a bit high.

The difference between the MachZ and Renegade (RT`s) seems way big, does the Renegade have same the 16-inch wide track as the Summits?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ster @ Jan 3 2007, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The new F-series Cat's are heavier than the FireCat/SaberCat series. They also have the biggest gas tank of all sleds weighted - which makes this 'wet' weight arguement biased toward sleds with smaller fuel tanks. If you are going to carry extra weight I'd rather it be fuel so the sled's range is extended. FYI, The F1000 holds another 1.5 gallons of gas more than the Mach Z - about 10 lbs.

Cat also has the lowest CG and best mass centralization of all sleds so any additional weight is carried better than the others and doesn't feel heavy. Look at how many heavy components are above the tunnel on other brands.

FYI, Here's some other Cat wet weights from a previous MaxSled article a couple of year ago:

05 AC Sabercat 600 LX (ES&R): 585 lbs
05 AC ZR 900 (ES&R): 588 lbs[/b]
Good post ster! :beer_cheers:

I do agree the weights appear to be on the high side. But we all must agree we're coming from the most extreme lineup (from a weight perspective) in history. The Firecats were the lightest thing on snow considering the class they were in. That weight though cost durability. A fair weight comparison would be "wet" with only antifreeze, oil, and chain lube/ACT drive lube ... no gas, or equal gas (3 gallons or some small amount).

On a side note, if we ever got snow (and some of us got our sleds *cough, cough*), I think this weight issue would be put to rest based on the ride of the new iron. As far as I'm concerned, if you want less weight you're looking to go fast (race) or saving yourself from digging out of the snow. If racing's the case, go on a diet and fill your sled up to an 1/8th tank of gas and run as little oil as possible. If you're worried about digging out, do you really think there's a difference between a 590 pound sled that's buried vs. a 620 pound sled that's buried?

I guess as I get older and just run the occasional lake race with buddies, weight is getting to be lower on my priority list. But as the old saying goes, to each their own.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I tell ya what fellas you may think they are heavy until you actually get on one. I am just getting my F8 up and going; granted it will not be a stocker.... but this thing has amazing potential. They feel totally different than a Firecat- I just cant explain it. Im working on a few tricks and will post back on findings.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LabonteF8 @ Jan 3 2007, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
When they were light and less durable, people complained. Now they're heavier and more rigid, and people complain. It's a catch-22 IMO.[/b]
Exactly!
I'm sure AC wanted to move away from the fragile Firecat days. And honestly I can't understand why they chose F as the new model designation. Folks initially connect "F" with Firecat instead of the totally new, much improved twin spar design. Of course they'll get over that, in time.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
As far as racing goes, I suppose the weight sometimes becomes the determining factor, however, for trail riding sometimes the weight is more of a "how does it feel" deal.

When I rode our MXZ and then got right on our new F6 it sure didn't feel any heavier, cornered great, rode like a lexus.
Cat may have done their home work on this new chassis, as it looks to be the best yet, even knowing that its heavier.
my2cents

I will know more when I get more seat time on her if we ever get snow bang your head

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (davzkny1 @ Jan 3 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
and I think as I get older than my own weight may start to be something to look at instead of the sled :rofl:[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree! so many people worried about a few pounds here and there on the sled, when I think I could go take a big dump and loose probably half the weight of my electric start!! slaphappy

·
Banned
252 Posts
I have never had a new sled match the listed weights from any mag on any scales. And I tend to believe ISR scales over any biased rag. This weight doesn't bother me one bit, its just one more fun thing I will have to do for the next couple of years. Creative ways of loosing weight on the sled, without looking butchered or cheesey. Its a ton of fun when your hanging out in the shop with the gang and finding new TRICKS to do and testing them on the lake. So there very well could be a host of new posts (or kept secrets) on how to shave weights.

07 Gade X =693.1 07 Mach Z= 644.2 M7 153 =579.4 03 f7 =564.9 W/ 204 studs 07 XF 1000 W/studs = 609.7 all were filled to the rim and trail ready. A happy customer is a customer that gets all the tanks full at delivery

1 - 15 of 15 Posts