Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the owners manual has info on servicing the diamond drive? I bought my sled used and the manual was missing. I was going to buy one but want to make sure it has the correct info in it first. The PN is 2257-617. thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
The owners manual may provide information on how much oil the drive holds and how to remove the plug, lay the sled on its left side to drain out the oil and replace with the correct amount.

Do yourself a favour. On a sled that old get a service manual, the owners manual provides basic information. There are several sites where you can download one. Remove the secondary clutch. Remove the diamond drive cover. Wash out with solvent. Inspect all the bearings and seals, replace the cover using a high temperature RTV sealant and add the exact amount of oil for that model year. The 2005 and 2006 models take a smaller amount than the 2007 and 2008 models. The 2009 to 2011 take more than the rest. An arctic Cat dealer will have oil in bottles with the exact amount for your model year, expensive but correct on both quality and quantity.

Follow the directions on the amount of oil carefully. Too little is bad for bearings and gears. Too much causes sluggish acceleration and reduced speed due to internal pressures created within the case.

Not changing the oil annually will cause some serious problems in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.