Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw the 08 specs and was wondering if there is the possibility of giving the 07 owners the option of the larger tank offered on the o8 sleds!!!!!! :super_happy: the front sway bar bushing update would be super also! any feedback is appreciated! :thumbsup: :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jaguar z1 @ Mar 11 2007, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just saw the 08 specs and was wondering if there is the possibility of giving the 07 owners the option of the larger tank offered on the o8 sleds!!!!!! :super_happy: the front sway bar bushing update would be super also! any feedback is appreciated! :thumbsup: :beer_cheers:[/b]

I'm lost where do you see a 13.5 gallon tank? The new 08 book says 9.0 gallon. I would love the bigger tank but when I saw the 07 early build there is no extra room for a bigger tank with the efi right there in front.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cats web site states 13.5 gals; However my dealer called Cat today and nobody up there knows for sure what size it is!!!! They could not give us an answer, I find that amazing, you in business to sell your product and your employee's don't even know what you are building. Well that just about sealed it for a new Yamaha, it my not be the best sled but at least the company and it's employee's know what's being built.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well, I see it's offical now, Cat did not listen!!! They have changed their web site to show a 9.0 gal tank. So after all these years on a Cat we are now going to try a Yamaha.

G

·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phj @ Mar 15 2007, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I see it's offical now, Cat did not listen!!! They have changed their web site to show a 9.0 gal tank. So after all these years on a Cat we are now going to try a Yamaha.[/b]
Well yamaha tanks are only 10 so not much difference to make the change to that. Kind of Stupid actually!

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phj @ Mar 15 2007, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I see it's offical now, Cat did not listen!!! They have changed their web site to show a 9.0 gal tank. So after all these years on a Cat we are now going to try a Yamaha.[/b]

Actually the Jag Nightfire has a bigger tank the the New Nytro!!!

Don't worry though, I will still wave to you when I'm going by your Yamaha on my NEW JAG!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Boy, there appears to be some touchy feelings out-there. So where do I begin, Cat, I feel has left some of it loyal rider and owners out in the cold when it come to their new models. First, I love my T660's turbos and will keep them for as long as they keep running. With that being said, the new Z1 which is supposed to be Cat's new flagship in the 4stroke class comes up short. Yes, I agree it gives a great ride but when I'm spending $10000.00 plus it needs to be better than good in all phases of riding and ownership.

The Yamaha's are proven in their mph at 18+ and at best the Z1 is only going to be 14-16mph....honest reports....now take a 9 gal tank which is about 8.0 to 8.5 gal's usable. The range which is not great in either sled now starts to favor the Yamaha. I would prefer to buy the Z1 and would do so tomorrow if they offered some type of option to carry more gas but they don't.

So, to those that say this is a stupid decision, maybe so, but it's my money and if I have a range requirement and if the Z1 does not meet those requirements, it's out. For those that will wave as they pass me by, fine I will not share any gas with them when they run out!!!

Bottom line is this; I do not want to buy a Yamaha but the brains in-charge at Arctic Cat have left me no choice if I want a new sled. The only chance for a Z1 would be if Tour Buddy can figure out a way to add a 3 or 4 gal tank someplace!!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phj @ Mar 15 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boy, there appears to be some touchy feelings out-there. So where do I begin, Cat, I feel has left some of it loyal rider and owners out in the cold when it come to their new models. First, I love my T660's turbos and will keep them for as long as they keep running. With that being said, the new Z1 which is supposed to be Cat's new flagship in the 4stroke class comes up short. Yes, I agree it gives a great ride but when I'm spending $10000.00 plus it needs to be better than good in all phases of riding and ownership.

The Yamaha's are proven in their mph at 18+ and at best the Z1 is only going to be 14-16mph....honest reports....now take a 9 gal tank which is about 8.0 to 8.5 gal's usable. The range which is not great in either sled now starts to favor the Yamaha. I would prefer to buy the Z1 and would do so tomorrow if they offered some type of option to carry more gas but they don't.

So, to those that say this is a stupid decision, maybe so, but it's my money and if I have a range requirement and if the Z1 does not meet those requirements, it's out. For those that will wave as they pass me by, fine I will not share any gas with them when they run out!!!

Bottom line is this; I do not want to buy a Yamaha but the brains in-charge at Arctic Cat have left me no choice if I want a new sled. The only chance for a Z1 would be if Tour Buddy can figure out a way to add a 3 or 4 gal tank someplace!!!![/b]
'08 Jag Nightfire has a bigger gas tank then it's competition, the '08 Nytro. So if you are comparing apples to apples, the Cat actually has a bigger tank. I'm not sure what the Apex has but the Apex is not the Jag's competition, we have the F1000 for that!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts