Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2006 f6 lxr,ran great loaded it on the trailer to go north and it's not pumping any fuel now any suggestions on where to start diagnosing. I removed the fuel line from the fuel pump and the throttle bodies and it's not moving any fuel

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
No such machine. LXR's didn't come out til 2007. Serial number would start 4UFSNW07 with 07 being a 2007, 08 being a 2008 and so forth.

·
Registered
9,865 Posts
So first thing download a free service manual. I'll add the link. Check fuses first. If good, see if you can get 12v power to fuel pump to test that.

·
Administrator
2,249 Posts
first thing is to hook a 12v batt to the fuel pump see if it moves fuel. if not try reversing the pos and neg wires for a few seconds, then try again.
If it won't pump with a battery the pump is shot

·
Administrator
36,269 Posts
You have posted in the the wrong place. I will move this for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I'll try that I believe there's 4 wires in the plug in I'll have to figure out which ones are the ones I need

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just went through this on I just went through this on a 2017 ZR 8000 the fuel pump was stuck mine was pretty bad. I had to fill it full of carb cleaner and WD-40 I used a car battery made a jumper harness and just kept going forward then reverse polarity to spin the pump backwards I did this on and off for 2 days plus kept adding carb cleaner and WD-40 all of a sudden it just broke loose. I then put the pump back in hooked a fuel line up to it ran into a gallon jug and pumped a couple quarts of fuel through the pump to clean any debris WD-40 and carb cleaner out you don't want that crap stuck in your carbs or your fuel injectors. My fuel pump just clicked either direction it never spun up after while it did start to gargle so I knew I was getting somewhere. do not leave it hooked up to a 12-volt Source you will burn it up go for a few seconds in each direction several times then give it a rest. you may also have water in the fuel and it could be frozen so you may want to try to put it in a heated garage and get it good and warm for several hours to see if you can melt the ice. Add some isopropyl alcohol, do not use HEAT additive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help, thawed it out in the garage and it started pumping fuel right away not sure what was froze up on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts