Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had about 3 or 4 inches of wet snow accumulation, the ground is soaked underneath, snow melting away as I type this, but good enough for a quick spin..

I started up the MXZ first and ran it as usual, made a number of passes and got it good and warm, trying to use up some old gas from not riding much last year as conditions stunk last season too.. :angry:

Then took the F6 out for it's first spin, could smell the exhaust paint buring off as it came up to temperature.
The seating position on the F can't be appreciated until you are actually driving it, very responsive and easy to steer, with a real smooth clutch engagement and a nice crisp throttle response.

I had the same engine in our Sabercat but this one seems much more responsive at low RPM.
Only put a couple of miles today on the machines, but after riding our REV and jumping back and forth, they both corner real tight, but the Cat does it with a "luxury" feel to it, feels lighter then my Sabercat, but is actualy heavier.

Probably shouldn't have ridden it as now I am really chomping at the bit!! bang your head

My first impressions are all-positive, this is one hell of a machine, can’t wait to get it out on some real snow, if you haven't ridden your new F yet, you won't be disappointed...... thumbguy

:sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno: :sno:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great to hear the positive first impression. My last sled was a REV and I liked it but this F sled really has a nice riding position and overall feel. Now if we could just get some snow.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
It is good to hear some positives. I am still waiting for it to snow here so I can get out, otherwise I am scheduled to go Rockerdude north in a couple of weeks and will bring the F 1K, I can't wait.

·
Registered
70 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimster @ Dec 27 2006, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The 04 through 06 are supposed to be at 118 HP...the new ones are at 120-123 hp.....[/b]

Where did you get that info? I thought it was the same motor. What did they change to pick up the extra ponies? I hope your right.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I'm not sure if Cat is actually posting those numbers for the F6 ... in fact, I know they aren't. The website says "Estimated HP = 118"

However, if you take what happens at the shootout as gospel, the new F6 dynoed right near 125 HP.

·
Registered
460 Posts
How do you like it now??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sounds like Cat did their homework. As far as ride and handling go, I've heard nothing but good things about the new F series.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts