Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever hear or know of a problem with fuel pump not getting power sometimes. Kinda goes like this. Rode in jan all was fine. Was out and rode about 200= miles. Stopped for lunch came out fired up rode over to put gas in short distance. Filled up fired up by the time helmet going on died at idle. Took to dealer said fuel pump bad. Replaced. Went up riding again rode about 300 miles same thing. (died again at idle. Fuel pump is fine. Took to dealer today checked put 12 volts to pump rode around a few miles. Talking with tech went to restart same thing. He's talking stator. This one is a stumper. Love to hear if any thoughts or suggestions??

·
Registered
34 Posts
pinched or chaffing wires? Those early f's had a few issues with wires under the pod and other various places getting pinched, shorting ect. Definatly worth looking at closely. Search this forum for the wire issue... if no luck try Hardcoresledder.com -thats where I read it first I think ...good luck. These are great sleds IMO...'07 was the first year for the twin spar....they were still figuring out where to run the wires at the expense of our warrantys and later even LOL. Good luck! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Greengarage. Looked all that over pretty good and have heard of the wire gremlins. Do know the first year blues. Sled runs Really good and just stummped a bit on this. All volts ect... are checking out as they should. Right now it won't do it again. Starting first pull all day yesterday. Gonna see what happens today. No snow to take it out right now so that kinda a bummer. Cleaned out all the harnesses (which where pretty spotless) and dio greased ect.... It seems to just happen random. Never had an issue prior. Bought new so it's been in my hands since. Honestly well kept enclosed trailer and just 3000 miles on it. Dealer thinking possible stator has an issue but I don't want to drop all that $$ without being sure. As said starts every pull again so all is checking out well in the elect department.

Thanks Again for the reply. Gonna keep digging.Cat happy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts