Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all trying to figure out why the connecting rod bearing went out on my sled. I shut it down right away and the cylinders look good no marks. Looks like theres oil in it but hard to tell since there is so many shavings from the bearing. So i need to figure to figure out what could of possibly caused this. I dont want it to happen again after fixing it. It got hot enough to turn the connecting rod blue. Also its on the mag side if that matters. I just dont want to put the money into fixing it just to happen again if i dont know what caused it. Please let me know what you guys think could of done it. thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
sounds like an oil issue...i would buy a brand new oil pump and feed lines from cat, blow out the feed ports to each cylinder bleed pump properly after reasemble, and i would only use cat synth apv oil .also make sure oil pump lever is ajusted correctly and the saftey clip is on the linkage good luck.!!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motor has never been touched all stock. Im just trying to figure out what happened so if i rebuilt it i dont want it to do it again and be out all the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts