Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was pulling a large load on low gear, Suzuki engine got really warm. I would stop and idle, hoping the fan would cool it. Than after a few minutes turn the machine off for a few minutes and start going with no issues. When the machine got really warm again, I would try let it cool down again. Everything work out good. Loaded my machine on trailer. I Got home. I tried starting my machine but soon as it fires it backfires from the the filter area and stalls out, when I do get it to start for a minute or so, doesn't idle properly, I have to throttle it a touch, and backfire from intake and stalls out again. Bad spark plug or did I mess up my machine from over heating it?

·
Administrator
8,080 Posts
Get the battery load tested. These 700's are fussy with a sub par battery. Next check for codes. Does it flash anything on the pod? Test the temp sensor for the fan, or test the fan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked the cylinder, pressure is just a tad under 90. I poured a little oil in the cylinder and pressure went up at 120. I put the spark plug in and started and sounded normal for about 30sec. May have heated the rings 😥

·
Administrator
42,440 Posts
Sounds more like a timing issue or like stated , get your battery load tested.

·
Administrator
42,440 Posts
Start with the battery. Most parts stores will test it for free. Tiggershark knows what he is talking about as he has owned them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was pulling a large load on low gear, Suzuki engine got really warm. I would stop and idle, hoping the fan would cool it. Than after a few minutes turn the machine off for a few minutes and start going with no issues. When the machine got really warm again, I would try let it cool down again. Everything work out good. Loaded my machine on trailer. I Got home. I tried starting my machine but soon as it fires it backfires from the the filter area and stalls out, when I do get it to start for a minute or so, doesn't idle properly, I have to throttle it a touch, and backfire from intake and stalls out again. Bad spark plug or did I mess up my machine from over heating it?
The Suzuki engines are great, but I do know that the valves do need adjusting . It's a maintenance thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts