Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 700 Arctic Cat EFI LE 4x4 four wheeler that absolutely refuses to start, it has good compression, it is firing and has a new spark plug. We were driving it, headed towards the trails we ride and half way there just completely died and had to be towed back... When turned on before trying to crank it, the spedometer needle will jump from 0 all the way up and back down to 0, 8 times. Then EFI starts flashing on the spedometer screen. When jumping the plug to show error codes all that shows up is EC 00. Puzzled is an understatement, new to owning an Arctic Cat so someone please help?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fuel pressure?
That was my problem on an 09 550H1. But sounds like the ECU with the EFI flashing. Check all connections and hopefully you will get a error code.
Skippy

·
Administrator
37,499 Posts
Start with fuel pressure , you need a constant 43 psi. Make sure the injector is spraying properly.
Does it have the stock ECU in it or and aftermarket one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, fuel pressure is good, fuel injectors are clean, getting spark, oil has been changed, no fuses or relays are blown or tripped, gas tank has been drained and new gas put in, not throwing any error codes.... idk where else to go with this arctic cat... some one please help....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Could be a rotted wire in the harness. I is very common for Zuki-Cats. It happened to two of mine.
The rotted wire will be inside the harness and not visible until you split open the harness.

Way to test:
Follow the key switch down to the first plug near steering stem.
With key off, use a digital volt meter and check voltage on the power wire (should be red). You should see 12V (or whatever your battery is).
Keep the meter on that wire.
Turn on the key. If the voltage drops like a rock, it is likely a rotted wire in the harness.
If there is not voltage present at the key switch plug...... and all fuses are good....... there is definitely a break in the harness.

Location of the common rot/break:
You will need to pull all plastics.
Follow harness about 6" from fuse block (near fuel filler neck).
Razor the harness open.
You should be able to find a bunch of red wires (about 5) that are all shrink wrapped together.
Arctic Cat decided that shrink wrap was good enough for waterproofing.
Unfortunately, water gets in there and the copper wires start rotting into a green blob.

To fix:
If you don't have good soldering skills, find someone that does.
Cut out anything that is rotted green.
Solder everything as needed. You may need to add some wire.
Test to see if machine starts.
Make sure you seal this area better than Cat did. I used liquid electric tape (several coats), followed by quality 3M super 88 tape.

Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts