Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am having trouble with my atv. I just want to say I appreciate the help that I have gotten on here you guys are so helpful, so thank you!!! So I just changed my one way bearing on my 07 Arctic cat 700 efi got it all back together and it was running fine untill today. The machine also has a new starter and new battery. I took it out for a ride this evening and a few miles into the ride the display started flashing “VOLT”. I turned around to head home and the atv turned off about 5 minutes later. I got it home and put it on charge and the battery was low. It started up fine after I charged the battery and had no issues. I am thinking the battery might not be charging? What charges the battery? I’ve also heard it could the voltage regulator? Hope you can help, thanks!!

·
Administrator
42,248 Posts
Sounds like the voltage regulator. Take a reading at the battery when it’s running and let us know what you get.

·
Administrator
8,068 Posts
Common on that model. They tend to get very hot also. I made am aluminum plate to go between the frame and the regulator. Plate had a 90 degree bend in it to help keep the muffler heat away as much as possible.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checking the reading. While it’s off I am getting a reading of 12.8v and when started it is reading of 12.5v. Not too sure what that tells us.

·
Administrator
42,248 Posts
It tells us it’s not charging. Voltage regulator is shot.
When running you should see 13.2 - 14.1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts