Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

First time posting here. We have a '07 EFI 4 wheeler that has never given problems until today. Found the main fuse blown. When I disconnect the hot wire from the solenoid going to the fuse box everything is fine, when I touch that wire to the solenoid it blows the main fuse immediately. I'm at a loss of what to do. I've looked at the wiring harness where it is accessible and have not found an obvious point where the wires are damaged. Any other ideas of what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
It sounds like the starter solenoid itself is the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This morning I tried disconnecting the solenoid from the battery and hooking the power cord to the fuse box straight to the battery. Same issue. I’m assuming there is a bad cord somewhere in the wiring harness?

·
Registered
212 Posts
The power is coming from the battery to the solenoid. Use a meter and see if you have power.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
39,804 Posts
If there is power to the solenoid then I agree the solenoid is the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I disconnected the solenoid completely and it’s still doing it. I tested by running the hot wire for the fuse box straight to the battery and bypassing the solenoid. Before that this is what happened

You’ll think I’m crazy but I’ve owned this thing 9 years. It’s had a 15 amp fuse in the 30 amp main fuse location for that long (I never realized it until now). That’s what was in it when I bought it and I’ve never had to mess with it until blowing a fuse a couple days ago.
So tonight I put a 30 amp in and it fired right off. No issues. When I tried the second time the battery was weak so I bought a new battery. Again fired right off so I put everything back together and let it idle 2-3 minutes then it died. Now I’m back to the same thing. Every time I connect the battery it immediately blows the 30
Amp fuse.
I’m at a total loss. Why did it run fine for a few minutes? I have a mechanic who can take a look at next week just would like to get it fixed before then. I’m afraid the repairs may be more than what the thing is worth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found my problem it was a faulty voltage regulator. The display hasn’t worked in a couple of years and we got that fixed also.
Here is my next problem. It’s giving me an EFI code. I tried jumping the wires on the plug to give me the codes but when I turn on the key it doesn’t give a code. Just shows it’s normal startup procedure then starts flashing EFi after a few seconds. What am I doing wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts