Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum and just need a little help. - yes I searched through previous post before posting.

I recently inherited a 2007 650 H1 from my late Grandfather. He bought it new and always garage kept, it has 920 miles on it.
It had been setting for a couple years due to his health before he passed.
I disassembled and cleaned the carb, drained the old fuel, got a fresh battery and fresh fuel. It now starts but when running it pours fuel out of barb on the bottom of the float bowl.

There were two fuel lines just sitting under the seat not attached to anything, one is the correct size for that barb that the fuel is coming from, but where is it supposed to connect the other end to?

Also, anyone know where the large line might go?
Im a dirtbike guy, this quad is totally foreign to me!

Thank you

·
Administrator
37,308 Posts
That”barb” is a fuel overflow/drain line. You have dirt in the needle or seat or the float is out of adjustment. That is why there is fuel coming out that overflow.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That line is the carburetor vent line that goes on the large black fitting on the top of the carb. It's supposed to run over the top of the engine and then under the handlebars/gauge pod but they tend to fall out and then down on the exhaust burning them in half. I would always replace them with 1/4" fuel line and then route and secure them a little differently around the engine, ending up under the gauge pod.

Doorfx is correct with your fuel issue. I would pull the inlet needle out and clean the seat really well with a q-tip or a small piece of scotchbrite pad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, it was the inlet needle, had a little tiny piece of trash holding it from moving.
Also got the carb vent line taken care of. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts