Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a 2007 Arctic Cat 500 manual. I have a couple of questions though. The best deal I can get is $6625 out the door taxes and everything. Is this a good price?

Also, I am being told that if I run over 26' tires it will void my warranty on the whole bike. Have the rest of yall run into this?

I am looking into what I can buy while keeping the warranty and this is my list:
  1. Highlifter 26' Outlaws
  2. 12x7 Douglass Rattlesnake wheels
  3. PowerMadd handguards
  4. Venom 4000 lb winch
  5. Aluminum Products full skid package
  6. K&N Air Filter
  7. NGK Platinum spark plug
Does anyone have any suggestions to add or take away from my list. The dealer told me that I cannot install a clutch kit or snorkles or an exhaust, I just want to make sure the story I am getting is the same with everyone else.

Thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Bran it is basically up to your dealer some will turn their heads on mods.Others will not sounds like you have ran into one that will not.The tire issue is that when we start running any thing over stock size they feel that we have turned them into mud machines.If that is the bike you want put 25" tires on it and snorkle and cluth it when warrenty runs out.I would look around.I got my 06 700 hold over new just two months ago for around 6300 out the door dont remember exact.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
you can go with any size tire you want as long as you put the stock tires back on when you take it to the dealer. Although some say this is "not honest".

You can also install a removeable snorkel if you want.

IMO the arctic cats have great skid plates, if i were you i would stick with the stock ones.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I also forgot to mention that we have a sales tax in Tennessee of 9.25%. So that has something to do with the price, it is marked as $5999 and that is the lowest I can find in the area (there are only two dealers). I don't want to lie to my dealer about what tires I am running, I have read after I posted this about other people who found the same issues with other dealers.

I thank everyone for their replies, I am moreless now wondering about my choices in aftermarket options. I don't want to break anything (obviously) but I also hate getting stuck. In Memphis we have no trails, all mud, deep nasty gumbo mud. I am wondering about the Outlaws and how good they really perform.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I got mine for $5200 as a new left over in Nov. of '05, with the winch and tax and license it came to $6250 out the door. Pretty good deal I thought considering my buddy has same machine that he bought new in April of '05 for $7200, by waiting 6 months I saved a grand on the price

·
Registered
456 Posts
stick to what your dealer is telling you if you want to take it back to them for servise.One mod I would suggest is getting a good set of aftermarket cv guards.No warenty issue there and could save you alot of$$$ and down time on replacing cv boots and or axles. The stock units just don't do that good of a job.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Yep, that's a good suggestion farmer about the CV guards. That will really save your boots and A-Arms as well. I think you are in a situation where you have to play by the dealership's rules if you want to not void your warranty. My take on mods/warranty is this. Say you're running 27" tires (larger than stock) on my quad and the fuel pump goes out, I would have no objections at all to you putting the stock tires back on and bringing it in as the one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Now, say your CV Axle snaps because of the mud you were in and the tires, then the cost of that repair is on you as the tires had a potenmtial play (likely a huge factor) in the failure.

In the end, if you mod the bike and that mod contributes to a failure, you own the repair. If it's not related, then I have no issue with putting the stockers back on and bringing it in. The Magnusson-Moss act actually protects you from companies voiding your warranty for unrelated alterations you make.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It would seem each dealer sets their own limits for warranty work..for example, my dealer claims he can cover most everything up to a 28" outlaw tire (must be the huge side lugs tearing stuff up)..as for snorkling, my dealer will do it for you. but dont drown your machine and then snorkle it..geez. just cuz ya wipe the airbox clean doesnt mean a damn thing when the mechanic pokes his finger around and finds mud in all the wrong places.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey brandondk, I'm also in Memphis. Where are you looking to buy from?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am looking to buy it from Tracker Boat Stores (Bass Pro Shops). Simply because that I went in and asked them alot of questions about the machine and everything and they were very helpful.

If there is any way that I could possibly test ride your bike please let me know (I might just have an extra lunch in the truck when I come and meet you). Just for a minute or two wherever you please.

My number is 901-644-9338 if you wouldn't mind giving me a call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts