Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock track that came on my z440 LX has .75" lugs and they are super thin. I can't seem to get enough traction even on packed trails.

I figure putting on a good 1" will definitly give me more traction BUT, I am just wondering if I will have any problems having a 1"on there? Considering it will probably be a little heavier than the one is on there now. Will I be losing power if I do that? Any thoughts?? suggestions? thanx :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
no you won't have any problems cause i no ppl that have put on 1.25 in tracks and had no problems but with a 1in track if you stud it you might wamt to check the cearance cause i dont no if it willl or not but if a 1.25 fits then a !in track with studs should. you will lose very very little or no power and i would say go for the 1inch track cause traction is everything

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In icy conditons, I grip pretty well. i would like to get more traction in loose/powdery conditions. I'm not saying I would like to be able to go through 3 foot drifts but, at least through 4 inches +...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sportsmandiesel17 @ Dec 27 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
no you won't have any problems cause i no ppl that have put on 1.25 in tracks and had no problems but with a 1in track if you stud it you might wamt to check the cearance cause i dont no if it willl or not but if a 1.25 fits then a !in track with studs should. you will lose very very little or no power and i would say go for the 1inch track cause traction is everything[/b]
remember, no heat exchangers to worry about.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mopar4u @ Dec 27 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sportsmandiesel17 @ Dec 27 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no you won't have any problems cause i no ppl that have put on 1.25 in tracks and had no problems but with a 1in track if you stud it you might wamt to check the cearance cause i dont no if it willl or not but if a 1.25 fits then a !in track with studs should. you will lose very very little or no power and i would say go for the 1inch track cause traction is everything[/b]
remember, no heat exchangers to worry about.....
[/b][/quote]

A friend on mine suggested some tunnel protectors would be a good idea if i was going for a 1" track AND also a good set on shocks. Any suggestions on good center and rear shock?!

thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
you wont have any problem going with a 1" track. you will like it better then the 3/4 track

1 - 10 of 10 Posts