Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ignition switch worked fine until the other day sitting on the trailer. I can start it but cannot kill the engine. I have to use the kill button.

Is this common or am I just overlooking something simple or do I just need a new switch. 5100 miles on the sled. I always use the ignition switch to kill the engine, not the kill switch.I dunno

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
My ignition switch worked fine until the other day sitting on the trailer. I can start it but cannot kill the engine. I have to use the kill button.

Is this common or am I just overlooking something simple or do I just need a new switch. 5100 miles on the sled. I always use the ignition switch to kill the engine, not the kill switch.I dunno

Look in the back and see if it came un plugged. The firecats will run with the ignition switch unplugged.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look in the back and see if it came un plugged. The firecats will run with the ignition switch unplugged.
I have electric start, which works, so I don't think its that but I'll unplug and replug it in. May be corrosion build up.

Thanks, I never thought of that. Maybe a little WD-40 as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts