Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
yes. Simple swap, but if you ride hard I would not recommend it. The new post is heavy & weak. It will end then snap if you ride hard.

SO, that said, to do it, it's a simple swap over, but you've got totally different bars than we do, so you'll be way up in the air, too high for stock cables. To do it right, I'd get an 07+ set of bars (countrycat usually has some, also Michelle at oregon trail sports can get them for you) and swap over your controls.

Reactions: ndfarmer

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did it on my old xfire 7 and it was no ez task 1st the 05 06 post is not bent like the 07up you may tink it will work untill you try to bolt it all together then you figure out the welder will be needed for the project.I cut both posts and made 1 out of 2.then the ground wire bolted to the lower bolt an steering support on left side will have to be made longer also hand warmer wires left one had to be made longer.then start figuring out how to make all that wire go uo and down the 06 has 3x the wires and stuff as the 07 and up and it has to go up and down and not bind can be done but it is a pain.what I thought was going to be a hr or 2 job turen in to a few nights in the garage dinking around.I loved the set up when done 3 weeks later the spring that helps lock post in place broke so you hade to kind of shake the locking handel to lock in place.still liked the set up .BDX makes a adjustabel post out of chromoly with no slop and less weight.and the 06 post mount on a diff spot on the top of bulk head than the 07 up that is part of the prob.if you got the time to kill go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
I'm wondering what caused you to have to weld?

We slapped one straight into an 06 M7 last year, no problem.

the 07+ post will go into an 05-06, but not the other way around... or am I missing something?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you are going to put the adjustable steering post on I would recommend putting the anti-slop kit on it immediately. That will give you way more support, especially if you are a big guy like myself. And when you get stuck and need to roll your sled, put the steering post down. That will help with not bending it as well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I Bent two steering post on my M7 and said f**k it. so i made one out of 1/4 inch crome moly and added 2 inchs on top with a slight bend forward. Works like a champ, little heaver but it pays off in the end. Now i just bend handle bars :Bangin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put the adjustable steering post on my 05 M7. I had no problems with the the post, but the stock handlebars were too high, so they need to be replaced with a newer shorter set. I used a set off an 07 M1000.
After a long day riding on the trail back to the truck is much easier to deal with. In my opinion this mod is well worth the effort.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i have them on my 08 M8 Sno Pro and love them i have only broke them once but thats cause i hit a wash out i didnt know was there came to a dead stop lol end up with a cracked hood and bent skies as well i almost cryed when it happened i love the fact that i can have them low for riding on the trails and then i can put them up when we hit the powder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.