Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so this is my first post in the forum. I'm looking at purchasing a 2006 M7 with the 162'' track and 2400km for $3500. I am fairly new to sledding and pretty light (160 lbs). Would this sled be to much? Will the longer track be a problem? He is currently running an attack 20 track, though from reading other posts there seems to be some issues with this particular track. Any opinions on that, or should I go for a different track all together? Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also is there any other modifications I should look into? The guy is running risers, new bars, has a can, and a lighter/taller seat as well as a new hood.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
in BC I'd think that 3500 with those miles would be a good deal. You can always swap tracks, swap to a 153, 141... whatever, but getting a solid sled that's not beat down is the main thing to think about.

The attack 20 is less than ideal, but you can cut it, flatten it, flip it... lots can be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in BC I'd think that 3500 with those miles would be a good deal. You can always swap tracks, swap to a 153, 141... whatever, but getting a solid sled that's not beat down is the main thing to think about.

The attack 20 is less than ideal, but you can cut it, flatten it, flip it... lots can be done.
Yeah i have been doing some research on the attack 20. apparently it isnt too bad if you straighten the lugs or cut the top 1/4 inch or so off. You seem pretty knowledgeable about sledding, is there a downside to this? like structural integrity or safety?

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
Nah... no downside aside from a little less track if you cut.

I've straightened & flipped one... It did pretty well imo.

If it were me I'd take the money you're saving, and upgrade to a 2.25 powerclaw. LOTS of folks are removing them to put on the new 2.6 PC or the 2.5 CE right now, so they can be found cheap. I just sold one off my 2012 for $375 a few months ago that had 600 miles on it... pretty much new condition.

If you can't afford that though just do the straightening & run it!

There's a hundred things you COULD do to that sled to make it "better"... but the best thing you can do, is go have fun. find what YOU feel are it's weaknesses, and then work on upgrades from there.

my top issues I'd address on that sled in this order are:

running boards (boards that let snow drop through)
bumper (one that goes through the snow)
track (PC or similar, don't get the challenger off the 07-08 sleds)
seat (boss or 2010+ cat seat)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.